on 20 July 2017
BrilLiant! really good, and just as good as the noise cancelling without the extra expense
on 29 September 2013
Bought for my wife to use with her iPhone and she really likes them. They fit well and she is able to control answering the phone and volume using the inline control.
on 6 September 2010
After trying Klipsch's more expensive S4i iPhone compatible 'phones, these are cheaper, more comfortable, have better sound and feel better made. Even the case (although different to the one pictured) is better. I have had a series of Sony in-ears over the past few years and these don't disappoint. The only thing I would change is that I like the non-symmetrical cabling of other Sony's (that goes round the back of the neck) and these are even lengths, but that's personal preference. Recommended.
on 11 September 2012
Having used various iPods and iPhones since they first appeared, I can definately say that these are the best earphones I have used that don't cost stupid amounts of money. They use the usual press fit in-ear fitting system to provide sound isolation in the ear canal so you get very good sound suppression for ambient noise. The sound quality is very good - at least as good as products costing 3 times the price with deep solid base, good mid range and acceptable low end. The phone call quality is also very good - I was able to take a call in a busy (and noisy) train carriage without any problem. This product also has the added benefit if having a nice hard(ish) case to store the earphones in, and a right angle 3.5mm jack which protects agains accitdental bending of that vulnerable part of the product and it also comes with a handy cable tidy to enable you to wrap up unneeded lengths of the cable making it neat and tidy.
on 13 November 2011
I wanted some decent sounding 'phones that I could also use as a handsfree kit in the car, and to control the iPod functions on my phone. I couldn't find any information on whether these were compatible with the iPhone 4 or 4s - I can confirm they work beautifully with my 4s and I can chat to Siri to my hearts content!

Soundwise they're very good, I am extremely fussy and usually go for Bose or Shure but I'd still give these 9/10 and for the price they really are excellent. They get a fairly hard life with me stuffed into bags and pockets at work and left lying around on desks so I didn't want to take super-expensive kit with me. The come with a case (sort of covered card box thing) and a cord wrap but to be honest I don't bother with them. There are the standard choice of three earphone sizes so you can find out what fits your lugholes.

I've very happy with them and would recommend to iPhone owners!
on 13 March 2013
Not bad earphones but I find the bass to midrange much too pushed compared to other headphones I have owned (Klipsch S4i, S4i ii, RHA MA450i). Also the mic isn't that great with my partner complaining that I sound muffled and like I'm "in a tunnel" (which I wasn't :)

Build quality is fine if a little meagre - the cables are the thinnest I have ever seen. Right angled mini-jack is a plus.

Weirdly the remote is on the left cable, different to any other earphones I've ever used.

Overall, adequate all-rounders and not many people complain of them failing early so I'm expecting good longevity, however I prefer the RHAs and the Klipsch S4i for much better sound.

EDIT: after a couple of months use I am more impressed with these headphones. The mic problem I referred to earlier was a problem with my phone so I have upped my rating from 3 to 4 stars.
on 24 August 2012
i like to listen to dance, progressive house/vocal trance music. I had old earphones sony Ericson h77 and they have much better bass than this one. if you want good bass look for another model. i am going to order new earphones with deep bass Sony DRXB22IP Premium XB Monitor Earbuds, it was difficult to find them and there is another model with mic as well Sony DRXB23vp for adnorid. i also tried sony xba-3 which are more clear and higher pitch than Sony DRex300IB but no bass at all.
on 20 January 2012
Loved them - good balanced sound with decent base. Not the most comfortable but enough to keep them. Dissapointed they lasted only 18 months with minimal use - hence the 3 stars.
on 27 May 2012
Arrived early in secure packaging and a nice little carry case. Tried them out with my iPhone 3GS and all the controls work a charm.

The earphones fit in my ears so comfortably that whilst I was sat at my laptop not listening to any music I actually forgot I was wearing them (standard buds were fine for me, they did arrive with a larger and smaller pair).

I'm not a massive audiophile but in my opinion the sound quality is amazing! For a pair of £25 headphones I couldn't realistically hope for more, great sound over a range of highs, mids and awesome but not overpowering bass.

Overall they are the best earphones I have owned (admittedly I have a habit of destroying them so I've never paid over £30 for a pair), but they are even better than my old Sennheiser pair which I purchased for the same price around 18months ago.
on 5 April 2012
I listen to music a lot on my Nokia N8 and the ear phones that came with it had a great sound but broke after 18 months so it was time to replace them!. After a good search, i came across these, but at the price they were, was unsure of the sound quality. I trusted the reviews and the description and must say i am very happy with them. A good, clear sound with nice bass and a nice warm mid-range that i didn't know you could get for under 30 quid! the in line remote doesn't work with my phone but as it said, it's designed for ipods so i'm not complaining. To sum up, great value for money, i highly recommend them.