on 9 January 2011
Very disappointed with this,I thought it was supposed to be the ultimate,but found it very slow to use,lots of the "New Blue" effects caused the program to crash,so everything was lost and you had to start all over again !
I won't be using it again,I'm going to stick with my Magix Movie Edit Pro 15,which has far more effects and transitions and has never let me down !
on 3 September 2010
Having worked for years with MUCH more expensive editors
I was quite amazed at the versatility, quality and ease
with which I was able to use this Inexpensive piece of
kit to output professional work!
HIGHLY recomended.
on 23 July 2011
Service was spot on - arrived earlier than expected. Very pleased with the product. I'm a bit of a technophobe so the fact I'm able to use this effectively speaks volumes for the simplicity. However, this does not detract from the range of impressive functions available and I've barely scratched the surface! Excellent!
on 9 November 2010
I bought Sony Movie Studio HD10 to compile sequences of single frame images into movies. Sony's software does this really easily and has an easy to use interface where you can drag and drop video and audio clips onto your video timeline.

The suite has lots of sound effects and a variety of soundtracks hidden away on the installation disc, so make sure you go and find them.

There are a lot of options for saving out your finished movie and these can be a little confusing at first, but once you find a set up you like, it will remember your settings from project to project.

Overall it is a superb bit of software for the money with just a few features that could use a little tidying up, but still worth those 5 stars. Value for money is off the scale!
on 21 August 2012
HD crashes a lot on longer movies and is infuriating, it also does not like mixing formats. making HD movies longer than 10 mins it makes them jerk and are unwatchable.
on 17 October 2010
I have owned this product for sometime now .. all I can say is that this is an overly complex video editor. Nothing is simple with this, I am currently looking at other products just because I am tired of wasting unnecesary time with this.
on 27 July 2010
I've only had this a day so far, but from a quick play around with the basic functions of moving clips around, splitting them, etc, and of changing audio levels, and of time stretching/compressing, this package is SO much more intuitive than Adobe premiere elements which I have been using for over 5 years now. They also appear to be more video effects - all the ones from Premiere plus a healthy splatter of others. Audio effects are there too, but the package also comes with Sound Forge Audio which will enable more to be done. There is also NewblueFX audio and video effects to install to further compliment the basic ones you get within the movie editing package. So far it's two thumbs up.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 August 2010
Sony Movie studio HD 10 is fine if you are editing low quality .avi files and low pixel stills but if you are using HD or high def stills it will not render more than about 3 minutes of edited even with a fast 32bit processor and 2 GB ram. The same thing seems to happen with Adobe Premiere Elements8 except with that program it just crashes . It took me many frustrating months and much wasted money before coming to this conclusion. The problem for both of these cheaper packages it that they are only 32bit programs. What you need for HD is a 64bit fast computer with about 6GB Ram and either Sony Vegas Pro or Adobe Premiere CS3 or later. Believe me this is the best advice I can offer.
Sony however have a vastly superior help service and because of this I have bought Sony Vegas Pro 64bit and am well pleased.
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 March 2012
although the editing suite is excellant and easy to use. Burning a DVD using windows vista is not possible had to burn the finnished movie with another burner.
on 22 September 2011
This product was great value for money as they have brought out version 11. This means that you can get a quality product that is intuitive which is great for beginers to professionals.