Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 8 March 2011
Maybe it is because the eeepc internal antennas are terrible (they are I can be right next to a router and get 2 bars). But I added this and the range of my EEEPC grew considerably such that I can sit in the garden even a few houses away and still get a decent usable signal.

Be wary though as this antenna is actually VERY big. longer than the EEEPC901 completely.
on 28 December 2011
To put it quite simply it just did not work. No difference in reception what so ever. Added to this the weight of the antenna kept pulling the modem over. All in all a total waste of money!
on 18 November 2011
I was having difficulty in getting a wireless signal to my workshop at the end of the garden - about 80 feet from the router. I even tried a wireless repeater but that didnt work. I have a linksys ethernet adapter with 2 arials in the PC with 2 short antenna. I bought one of these longer antenna and it boosted the signal by an extra 2 bars so I bought another and ended up with 'excellent' or 'very good' wireless signals - 4/5 bars. So before you buy a repeater try these first.

Note - I found the signal best when I put the PC tower on its side with antenna pointing upwards and near the top.
on 15 January 2012
While I feel this Antenna can be very good in my case it didnt do much for me
I was Hoping that it would boost the range of my D link wifi router giving me
a greater signal into my bedroom alas that never happened the signal remained the same.
on 7 May 2015
If you want faster broadband over a longer range then this may be for you.....I've literally almost just doubled my wireless broadband speed with 2 of these bad boys! It took all of about 20 seconds to unscrew my old antennae and screw these in their place. They're a little long (30cm) but that's a necessity for the extra gain however in my case they're hidden behind a bookcase so no-one can see them anyway. They're also on one side of the house, not even in the middle, and the signal is still excellent. I dare say if I relocated the router to the hall the signal would be as bullet proof as Batfink's wings! Currently where it is there are no more black-spots and +40mb wireless speeds throughout the house even on the top floor of a 3 story townhouse.

If you've got antennae on your router these are a must (check to make sure they are removable and the connector is as the picture). I've got a zyxel router which isn't listed as a compatible brand but my one is, so worth checking out regardless of whether you have one of the brands listed. They are a little directional but not much, but if you can get them pointed to the furthest away point of the house then you'll not have any issues. Seriously these are awesome and have saved me a ton of cash. Was looking at upgrading my router, getting a wired connection to the office, upgrading my broadband, all sorts however to under £12 for two I thought I would take a risk and frankly it's the best thing I could have done!

Right, that's done, well chuffed!
on 6 August 2013
I have added these antennae to draytek router and have found a noticeable improvement in areas of the house where the signal strength was lower than I would like it to be. inSSIDer shows around a 8dbm improvement in signal stregnth.

The only downside of these antennae are they are big so they need a bit of space.
on 7 September 2012
With my TP-Link router, this antenna is no better than the one that ships with the router - but its so big & heavy it makes the router fall over, so I've gone back to the one it came with.
on 27 May 2012
Read reviews and decided to buy this item hoping to boost signal. Used Insider software to check it out. Absolutely no difference in signal strenght, actually the very old antenna of my netgear DG834 v1 is more stable. very disappointed, will look for something else. I think I will return the item if I can.
on 6 April 2011
I compared the difference in signal strength in real time (with inSSIDer) with the old, small aerial and this one and it made no difference. This aerial may increase the range of a wi-fi signal, I don't know. My problem is obstacles, not distance. My router is in a terrible position and the signal is weak at the back of the house. What does make an enormous difference is where it is situated.

My advice to potential buyers would be - move your router before you spend your money on this.
on 30 August 2011
The bumf in the description says it fits netgear stuff, word of warning it doesnt, most Netgear aerials are not removable and if you do you can only replace them with a netgear aerial, this one is for network CARDS on desktops or mag mounts etc. It does give a large increase in range for its price. Check with your network supplier before purchasing, not all product have screw on antenna.