on 8 March 2011
Maybe it is because the eeepc internal antennas are terrible (they are I can be right next to a router and get 2 bars). But I added this and the range of my EEEPC grew considerably such that I can sit in the garden even a few houses away and still get a decent usable signal.

Be wary though as this antenna is actually VERY big. longer than the EEEPC901 completely.
on 28 December 2011
To put it quite simply it just did not work. No difference in reception what so ever. Added to this the weight of the antenna kept pulling the modem over. All in all a total waste of money!
on 18 November 2011
I was having difficulty in getting a wireless signal to my workshop at the end of the garden - about 80 feet from the router. I even tried a wireless repeater but that didnt work. I have a linksys ethernet adapter with 2 arials in the PC with 2 short antenna. I bought one of these longer antenna and it boosted the signal by an extra 2 bars so I bought another and ended up with 'excellent' or 'very good' wireless signals - 4/5 bars. So before you buy a repeater try these first.

Note - I found the signal best when I put the PC tower on its side with antenna pointing upwards and near the top.
on 6 August 2013
I have added these antennae to draytek router and have found a noticeable improvement in areas of the house where the signal strength was lower than I would like it to be. inSSIDer shows around a 8dbm improvement in signal stregnth.

The only downside of these antennae are they are big so they need a bit of space.
on 15 January 2012
While I feel this Antenna can be very good in my case it didnt do much for me
I was Hoping that it would boost the range of my D link wifi router giving me
a greater signal into my bedroom alas that never happened the signal remained the same.
on 7 May 2015
If you want faster broadband over a longer range then this may be for you.....I've literally almost just doubled my wireless broadband speed with 2 of these bad boys! It took all of about 20 seconds to unscrew my old antennae and screw these in their place. They're a little long (30cm) but that's a necessity for the extra gain however in my case they're hidden behind a bookcase so no-one can see them anyway. They're also on one side of the house, not even in the middle, and the signal is still excellent. I dare say if I relocated the router to the hall the signal would be as bullet proof as Batfink's wings! Currently where it is there are no more black-spots and +40mb wireless speeds throughout the house even on the top floor of a 3 story townhouse.

If you've got antennae on your router these are a must (check to make sure they are removable and the connector is as the picture). I've got a zyxel router which isn't listed as a compatible brand but my one is, so worth checking out regardless of whether you have one of the brands listed. They are a little directional but not much, but if you can get them pointed to the furthest away point of the house then you'll not have any issues. Seriously these are awesome and have saved me a ton of cash. Was looking at upgrading my router, getting a wired connection to the office, upgrading my broadband, all sorts however to under £12 for two I thought I would take a risk and frankly it's the best thing I could have done!

Right, that's done, well chuffed!
on 2 February 2014
I got the TP link 300 mbit
and I replaced 2 out of 3 of my short antennas with two of the biggies and its ok ,
the connection is definitely OK as I get the 3 to 4 mbit speed downloading files trough the network back and forward ...

The router is about 15 meters away and few walls are in-between so its all good ...
on 10 May 2014
Can't complain about the performance. Basically you get what you see in the picture and although I have nothing to measure the signal with, it pulls in a hell of a lot more access points than the original aerial on my wi fi dongle.
on 25 March 2014
Bought with the intention of increasing the range of my repeater. Unfortunately although it's 6dBi higher than the standard antenna there appears to be little to no difference in range/reliability. I have written these off as a learning experience and gone back to using the standard antennas.
on 3 October 2013
FITTED IT IN TO MY COMPUTER AND I AUTOMATICALLY HAD FASTER INTERNET, SIMPLE.HOWEVER I WOULD LIKE TO WARN YOU GUYS ABOUT THE FACT THEAT IT IS SIGNIFICANTLY LONG, AROUND 12 INCHES LONG, BUT ITS STILL WORTH IT