on 27 September 2015
I was looking forward to this book after all the healthy inspiration of Skinny Bitch but actually it was really disappointing to be faced with recipe after recipe using lots of processed foods as ingredients, not healthy but tasty no doubt. Had hoped it would have been more unprocessed.
on 24 February 2014
made for the American market. most recipes involve US ingredients not much in the way of fresh good stuff. Bored after a few pages.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 December 2015
Some nice recipes. Shame there is such a reliance on vegan "meat like" products (eg bacon, ham, turkey, beef etc) but more disappointingly, no nutrition information or calorie count.
on 5 November 2014
was ok..
on 15 June 2010
tells you exsacly what happens with animals/meat etc,no messing about.buy it and enjoy x
on 16 May 2015
OK
on 14 August 2010
I bought this for a friend for a christmas present and she loves it. Doesn't have many pictures in it though.
on 20 August 2012
I bought this book with the original "Skinny Bitch", without knowing it was promoting vegan lifestyle. I will never become vegan, but I feel inspired by the recepies in this book with alternative ingredients and I'm looking forward to expand my horizons in the kitchen! The recepies are easy to understand and follow and there are a lot of different alternatives for meat - I imagine the book to be ideel for a "vegan-to-become".
2 people found this helpful
on 16 February 2012
This book sounds like a great idea at first, but when you start looking through you have to but a whole new food cupboard just to do a simple recipe! I tried to find some of the ingredients with no luck, maybe this book should just be for US market?
8 people found this helpful
on 15 June 2009
This book was a disappointment after reading the first book "skinny bitch". I would have thought after all their ranting and raving about processed foods, chemicals, unnatural food and going organic that the quality of recipes would have been better. The recipes all seem to contain meat stand in's: processed burgers, fake cheeses etc. This is precisely the thing i am trying to avoid and is the same as going from one bad habit to another! I would have preferred a recipe book which taught how to make good vegan meals from scratch. I appreciate that the authors were trying to make things easy for noobs, but it really just deflects from the points made in the first book.
31 people found this helpful