on 29 November 2014
One of your reviewers wrote that they didn't know how they'd managed before they purchased these tongs. Having just bought a pair myself, I know exactly what they mean. Whether I'm frying bacon or searing rabbit pieces ready for the casserole these tongs are just perfect. I've always used a couple of forks or salad servers in the past when turning anything heavy in the frying pan but never again! The silicone type grips are so comfortable to hold and also are none slip, as are the grips at the business end of the tongs which makes plucking food from the pan a doddle even for a third rate cook like me. The 12" length of the tongs is just right,- near enough to have control over whatever's in the pan but far enough away not to have any more fat splattered fingers. When you've finished with the tongs, you simply close them together , pull the wee hanging ring at the top and that locks the jaws in place.
Wish I could give them 6 stars!
on 19 September 2015
I love these. My wife told me to get tongs and these have lasted for over a year of at least 3-4 times usage per week. I know tongs are hard to screw up, but I like the silicone bits that can withstand high temperatures. I use it to stir fry and pan fry steak etc...
on 11 June 2017
Fantastic - comfi to work with. JR
on 18 June 2017
Just perfect
on 14 December 2014
Mine wouldnt open more than an inch, no matter what i did. Makes it very limited use
My old tongs were all metal and scratched the pan surface, so I was jot upset when they broke. I looked at the reviews on Amazon, and found almost all positives reviews for vt hese Oxo tongs. I have found that Oxo is a brand that almost always satisfies.

These are very sturdy and stainless steel tongs with Silicone Heads. The silicone heads prevents scratching, which is a good thing, indeed. They are heat resistant to 600 degrees, which is a temp I will never reach with my cooking. The handles are non slip which is an excellent feature. I always lock the tongs and store them in a holder with other kitchen tools. They are dishwasher safe.

I use these tongs for everything, turning scallops, fish or meat of any kind, sauteeing vegetables, and much more. The price point is excellent. You will find so many uses for these tongs.

Recommended. prisrob 08-19-14
on 16 September 2013
I've owned these tongs over a year and a half now. I can't remember how I used to cook without them. They're very useful and very handy not only for frying and grilling but I also use them to pick up corn from boiling water or hot bread and baked potatoes from oven. I sometimes even use it to catch unreachable items in my kitchen cabinet when I'm too much in a hurry to bring the kitchen step stool. I also bought the smaller ones Oxo Good Grips Locking Silicone which I sometimes use to serve salad. Excellent. The most used item in my kitchen after wooden spoons.