on 18 November 2011
Seeing as maybe Ill never get another chance in my life to reveiw and expand my thoughts on a new vent for a tumble drier I thought Id better seize this amazing opportunity!
This isnt just any old vent for a tumble drier-think again- this is a vent for any old tumble drier. If theres a drier with a vent-hole in the back that is 102mm in diameter,and believe me when I say there are many of them out there,then this is the vent for you!(as long as you order the 102mm version,if you order a different size,I can guarantee you it wont fit-dont come crying,or if you will, "drying" to me!)
As soon as I fitted my new vent,its so easy any human could do it,what it did when I switched my drier on was take all the damp hot air from my damp laundry all the way out of my kitchen and released it into the outside air of my garden.My previous vent was too short so the damp air was released into the other side of my kitchen-totally unacceptable.This new vent changed all that!
If only I had a video camera on my computer,I could Really go into detail.Finally Id like to thank Amazon,the company who supplied it to me,my postman,and my understanding wife.
77 Comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2011
Had been slightly put off by some of the reviews because they said this item was flimsy. I am really pleased with it, it arrived very quickly was easily fitted to the back of my tumble dryer and is really long so easily reaches the window. No downsides at all would recommend to anybody.
on 18 November 2010
Forked out £400 for a combo washer dryer. The Missus can't get used to condenser dryer and she keeps going back to the old trusted standard dryer. Just decorated the laundry room and didn't want damp caused by the steam off the dryer. Bought this, no fitting required (just shove it in), tube feels a bit flimsy but I'm sure it'll survive for as long as it's needed and what more do you want for a fiver?
on 14 October 2011
This item is as described. It's very lengthy for those with dryers not close to a window and seems to be of a good quality and is very flexible, as expected from a dryer hose. Recommended to those after a replacement.
on 3 December 2010
Didn't really order this for a tumble dryer... it was actually for my ferrets to play with lol
Good sturdy material, saved £30 by buying this instead of the ferret runway. They love it, i assume it'd be good for a tumble dryer just watch yourself on the pointy edges >_> i successfully stabbed myself, lol.

Thanks amazon!
on 15 July 2013
I bought this for my air conditioning unit, I didn't know if it would work but it does the job excellent!! it is alot stronger than others that I've bought and they've been alot dearer so I would definately recommend.
on 13 November 2015
It was 4 meters long as described.
It was easily as good quality as those found in your local DIY or tumble dryer shops but at a fraction of the cost.
I used mine to extend the length of hose from my old vented tumble dryer, using a connector to join the hose to the manufacturers one at one end and into a tumble dryer wall vent on the other side of the laundry room. Does the job really well and saved me a small fortune buying a new model condenser tumble dryer after I had to move it out of the kitchen and a significant distance from the nearest window or wall to put in a vent.
on 20 June 2013
I needed this as in our new house we have to put the hose out of a window and the original wasn't long enough. This fits perfect, the length is great and have been using it everyday for over a month and haven't had a problem. Very pleased,thank you.
on 18 June 2013
I have had this hose 6 months its long; strong and brilliant. A hose 1 metre from another store was going to cost as much so I thought if this lasts a month its cheap. Its still perfect 6 months later it hangs outside a window in all weathers and no tears and no rips
on 2 January 2013
This Universal hose is great. Does exactly what it says - no more condensation on washing day. The only problem I had was I hadn't measured the vent hole but that was soon fixed with Duck Tape.