Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

on 13 April 2012
Im pleased to confirm that it defiantly does work with my hx5.

The battery status does now give readings in minutes, but I don't know how accurate this is at the moment.

My gut feeling is that it lasts for slightly less than the original, but Im fine with that as the official Sony battery would cost much much more.
on 22 March 2012
Bought this for my HX9V - and like others - found it to be better than the original sony battery - shows time left - i got 72mins for video on a full charge.

This is the new chip battery this camera needs - so just buy it! Amazon is cheapest - ebay was £1 more!!
on 27 September 2012
I bought this battery a few days ago from ABCProducts via Amazon
and from what I have seen so far, it charges up quickly, and it
works perfectly in my new Sony Cybershot DSC HX20V Digital camera.
This battery is just as good as the original Sony battery that
came included with the camera, and for a fraction of the price!
Get one now! Highly recommended!! For a fiver this is a steal!
For a similar battery in Jessops you'd be looking at about twenty
eight pounds, if not more!
on 19 August 2011
ordered this as spare for Sony hx9v but despite being high amperage battery this did not work in the camera. it came up with incompatible battery inserted message ,it seems Sony has put something in the camera that will only accept original batteries for this model not sure about others in the range
on 14 June 2013
Slightly less capacity than the original branded battery - but what the heck - it cost a fraction of the originals price!
Holds its charge ok, fits charger and camera ok so I'm happy!
PS - it does display the battery time remaining on my Sony HX20V camera when using this battery - despite dire warnings from the Sony man.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 September 2012
A very good replacement battery, it shows the actual percentage remaining, as opposed to just the battery bar, I found mine lasted just as long as the Sony original and at a bargain price, if you're after a spare battery or two you would be silly not to consider getting one of these.
on 18 March 2013
I have no idea if it I got a bad battery or if it wasn't supported by my Sony HX20V. After charging for a few hours it simply didn't power the camera on long enough for the startup sequence to finish. The camera powered up fine using the original battery that came with it. Sent it back for a refund and ordered another one from another seller.
on 25 April 2013
I bought four of these so I don't have to think about battery life when on holiday. I stil haven't managed to go through them all on a holiday. They seem to hold up just aswell as the original and I would definitely recommend them. They also show the estimated remaining battery life.
on 23 March 2013
I ordered one of these in 2012 for my sony hx20v, and it works fine so i ordered another in 2013, that i had to return it, wheather it was faulty or not the camra would not accept it. The first one i recieved in 2012 was a 960mah the second one was only 800mah.
wheather this had anything to do with the problem who knows. So i had to return it and get a refund. (good custermer service from amazon).
on 15 December 2011
Bought 3 batteries (they were really unexpensive) in November 2011, they have proven to be good quality, work very well with my Sony Cybershot dsc-hx9v without any problems and actually (nice and usefull feature) these ABC batteries are able to comunicate with the camera, showing the remaining charge in minutes on the camera screen. The standard battery included with the camera does not.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Top Rated