on 19 December 2011
Gradually got tired of my wife and kids shaking the house to its foundatoins by slamming the front door. Had read somewhere that one should not oil sticky locks, but apply graphite powder instead. (Oil attracts dirt and can gum things up over time). Ordered item. Arrived in a day or two. Sprinkled some on the door key, inserted it and worked the lock a few times. Problem fixed. See that it is supplied by a pet store. Don't know what the use on small animals is. Perhaps to stop mice squeaking in the night?
39 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 18 June 2013
I bought this to repair a gummed up Cpu Fan.
My Laptop had begun overheating, and no amount of dust or fluff removal seemed to fix it.
Then I ran a system report, and found the Cpu Cooler never got above 500rpm.
These fans are of the brushless type.

if you use oil or grease on them because of the high temps, it either clogs up very quickly or evaporates.
Graphite powder has none of these issues, I just added a small amount into the Fan Blade spindle hole,
put it all back together, and the problem is solved, the fan is super silent, and whips along between 300 to 1,500 rpm
depending on Cpu Load, for an Intel i7 Cpu running video software, it now rarely rises in temps above 50, usually it hovers around 43 degrees.

the only gripe I would have with this product is its difficult to control how much pours out the spout.
and if you get it on light wooden furniture, its difficult to remove (it stains)

but other than that its perfect, because its a powder it never evaporates, never clogs

saved me a fortune on a replacement cpu fan, as they are custom built
I have also used it to release a sticky padlock on the shed, and even sorted a squeaky upvc Window.
15 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 February 2013
Like others, I'm raving about this. Used on the car last week, all the problems with sticky locks have been resolved, and what looked like a problem with worn keys turned out not to be so.

Next plan is to try it on house locks!

One thing worth noting is the product stains, so on freshly lubricated locks, the key will come out dirty a couple of times, so wipe it on a tissue before putting it in your pocket!
12 people found this helpful
on 4 June 2013
Three stars, because while the product is perfectly good (powdered graphite is powdered graphite after all), the container tends to pump out a lot in one go. So if you only want a small quantity - to lubricate a guitar nut, for example - you might make quite a mess. It's also rather wasteful.
15 people found this helpful
on 20 December 2015
I used this to loosen up a lock on a car door and it worked excellently. I just sprinkled a bit on the car key, inserted it into the lock and wiggled it around a bit. After about a minute the car door would unlock again. Very happy as before I was having to either leave the door unlocked or get in from the passenger side which was very difficult.

It's good to have one of these around for other things like to stop squeaky doors etc. Be warned though, it's a very fine dust so it does get everywhere if you're not careful. However it's a better alternative to using oil or greasy lubricants as this isn't sticky and wipes away well.
on 3 January 2018
It was mid-winter and my bike lock was starting to freeze up in the morning, with the key just sticking and not turning the lock barrel inside. I then heard putting this powder in helps prevent this so I decided to give it a try. I’m pretty sure it made a difference in a positive way, although I can’t be certain. Worth a try I guess.
on 29 January 2015
Absolutely great dry lubricant for places you don't want liquid/oil/grease to make a mess. Any excess powder spillage can be easily cleaned or blown away. As well as using the puffer nozzle, I've even mixed a bit of this with a little alcohol or spirit and painted the mixture on with a fine brush, it dries quickly to a nice lubricating coating.
One person found this helpful
on 27 October 2014
The product obviously works but if you do not want to get black powder everywhere I recommend putting an old sponge or a rag with a tiny hole in it over the lock and poke the applicator through it. Also, be prepared to have a messy black powder on your key every time you use it for weeks. Fortunately my keys have a tight plastic tube that fits over them.
One person found this helpful
on 29 November 2012
We recently had new internal door handles and latches, both of which are sprung. They were quite stiff until I applied this graphite powder. Now they are much easier to operate, smoother and quieter.
I would recommend starting with the smallest possible aperture being made to the tip of the applicator as it's difficult to control the flow if you're not careful - there's a chance that more than needed will come out and care is needed to deal with the surplus. However, it washes off hands easily.
on 20 January 2012
very fine graphite so shouldn't glogg up your lock like oil. Makes the lock like new if you have had difficulty with a stiff lock. My back door has been difficult to get the key in and out for sometime. this has removed the problem. My daughters flat was always difficult to unlock taking upto 5 mins. now it opens easily.
6 people found this helpful