VINE VOICEon 12 May 2015
Strong, totally weather sealed padlock ideal for outside use. Comes with 2 keys but more can be cut at your local shoe repair/key cutting service. It is made entirely of brass so there is nothing to rust and add the strong plastic cladding and the snap close cover to the key slot makes this a maintenance free quality lock (apart from a small drop of oil into the key slot at the start). A really quality lock and highly recommended for outdoor use.
on 19 May 2014
Great padlock for use outdoors.

I use this to secure a heavy duty chain to a wall - the lock has a large shackle which easily goes over the whole chain with a bit to spare.

We live right by the west coast and I've been through a fair number of padlocks that claim to be "all weather" padlocks.

However the salt sea air/ rain simply seeps in and destroys lock mechanism on every other padlock except this one (and that's with the little bung that goes over the key slot in place !!)

I guess nothing is infallible but this lock has stood up well so far.
on 25 May 2017
After about a ,month I found the padlock stopped locking. It clicked down OK but it would just pull up again - no key required!

Has a deterrent effect I suppose but useless as a padlock.
on 13 October 2014
Fantastic.

I must admit that in the past I have bought other brands of padlocks because they were cheaper than the ABUS ones, but I always end up coming back to ABUS.

They are second to none. I use mine outside and just one spray of WD40, install it and it opens on time every time.

Once the frost and really bad weather is upon us, I will add some WD40 again.
on 26 May 2017
Does everything it claims. Totally waterproof and easy to lock (just clicks) and unlock as the key guides nicely.
on 29 May 2017
Difficult to close and rubber covered steel is thick and needs big holes in gate to fit though
on 2 June 2017
Brilliant item. Used outside and no probs with rust etc. Would buy again.
on 25 August 2017
This is the 2nd one I've ordered in 2 years for our second storage shed outside. First one still going strong and it's been out in all the elements. Length is great.
on 28 March 2017
Arrived very quickly. As described. Perfect for my needs as it has a long hasp.
Would buy again.
on 18 August 2016
Only just got these today but they look up to the usual high ABUS quality and look like they should stand up to the elements much better than the cheaper locks i have been using in the past, why i didn't buy these in the first place instead of buying multiple cheaper locks is beyond me (tried to save money but ended up costing me more in the long run :-( )
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse