on 3 December 2015
This isn't some cheap low quality knock off, there high quality performances on every disk. All of them are by well known musicians. I don't normally recommend this type of box sets. I find I get overloaded by the sheer quantity of music, especially if I don't know the works. However, I've already got 90% of his works, but the remaining 10% would have cost as much as this box set!

Buy it because you already love Mahler and want completeness and different interpretations. If you don't know Mahler well I'd still recommend it but please don't play them all back to back. Take your time listening.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 January 2017
This set contains some of the best recordings of Mahler's works in the Warner (formerly EMI) catalog. There are and there always will be debates surrounding the performances of Mahler's work - however, having previously listened to several highly regarded cycles (Kubelik, Bernstein) and individual symphonies (Karajan, Klemperer, Walter, Horenstein...), I can state with certainty that the readings presented here are the pinnacle of Mahler's recorded output.

I love most of the performances and have objections toward several others, however, there is not a single mediocre recording here. The price of the set is so low that the purchase will guarantee satisfaction for a novice and a Mahler aficionado alike. Highly recommended!
on 3 December 2017
I know Mahler isn't everyone's cup of tea: not many laughs, quite a lot of tears. But the symphonies are magnificent and the "Songs on the Deaths of Children" (Kindertotenlieder) have heart-wrenching melodies - best, perhaps, if your German's no better than mine, I'll admit, but then I'm a total convert.
on 18 June 2015
Excellent! I am still working my way through all the 12 CDs. What really excited me were the famous singers such Elizabeth Schwarzkopf, Deitrich Fischer Dieskau, Felicity Lott and Janet Baker to name just a few. Likewise just some of the conductors are Sir Simon Rattle, Sir John Barbirolli, Bruno Walter and Otto Klemperer. It was far beyond my expectations. For those who like Mahler then these CDs are a must...!!!
on 21 April 2015
A wonderful mixture of great performances. I'm a sucker for having the same conductor and orchestra and have several such cycles but this is a well judged departure from the norm and it is the complete works. Very pleased I got it
on 10 March 2018
Fantastic value
on 17 July 2015
Terrific item. Have always been a Mahler fan, and cannot wait to plough my way through all his works. Great value box set this...so what are you waiting for?
on 26 May 2015
Tremendous bargain....generally excellent performances: worth buying for a different view of works of which you may already have a recording
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 27 April 2014
These are fine recordings and all in the one box makes it so easy for study purposes. There are some impressive performances here.
One person found this helpful
on 17 November 2015
What needs to be said - the best people producing the entire catalogue.