Customer reviews

Price:£59.99+ Free shipping

on 2 April 2012
Some reviewers have said this is not the official Apple Camera Connection Kit. It is. It comes in white Apple packaging, with the silver Apple logo on the side, and is sealed in the clear plastic bags that all Apple connectors are packaged in. It also has the minimal Apple documentation as all Apple products have. On one side of each connector is printed "Designed by Apple in California" This kit is definitely made by Apple.

The product is superb. I have the new iPad (March 2012) and the connectors work a treat. The SD card reader is blindingly fast and it all just works. Plug it in, pop in the SD card, and your iPad automatically opens a window to transfers whichever photos you want into the iPad. So simple, so easy, so Apple.

The kit does not work with iPhone 4 but then it is designed for iPad. And with the advent of iCloud, iPhone functionality is not an option that most people require.

Excellent product.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 May 2012
Be cautious of non-Apple camera connection kits.
======================================
I was very careful before purchasing this product. I searched Amazon and found cheaper products, however many of the reviews showed that customers were having problems. The main issue appeared to be that later versions IOS on the iPad would not allow data to be read from these products.

Compatibility and Import
===================
I can confirm that as of 14th of May 2012 with an iPad 3 with the IOS 5.1.1 update, the Apple connection kit works perfectly.

When I inserted the SD card adapter I was not quite sure of what I was going to be met with on screen. Immediately the iPad recognised the SD card and brought up an import screen so that I could bring in either my pictures or videos.

Price
====
In my opinion the price of this product is high, however unless you want to gamble with incompatibility issues I think it is a price that you have to pay to be sure. Also this product saves a lot of aggravation in having to always connect up to your main computer to transfer pictures and videos from cameras.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 January 2012
I picked up one of these from the airport, prior to a safari in Kenya.

The box comes complete with 2 "dongles" that you plug into the Ipad - 1 that has connection for USB lead & the other which supports SD cards.

The USB dongle is probably the more useful of the 2 if you have a digital SLR, as it lets you connect up to your camera and copy the photos from the memory card directly onto the Ipad. It also creates a specific folder with the date of the import.

To have had the ability to view photos at the end of each day on an Ipad was marvellous - after dinner we would sit around and flick through the days snaps and delete any we didn't like there and then. Sure, you can do this with the camera display, but it is so much easier on an Ipad as you can see so much more of the detail! This meant when we got home, we had a perfect set of pictures to upload to our collection on the PC, without having to spend hours and hours checking over the photos (which, lets be honest about it, rarely gets done because when you get back from holiday you have a million other distractions that mean it gets left!!!)

I was very pleased with Apples own device, but please note, there are 3rd party connectors available on Amazon etc, which are a lot cheaper, so it may be worth looking at the reviews that other people have contributed, before you decide which to go for.
11 Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Having recently bought into Apple with a new iPad 3, I wanted to be able download photos taken with a Nikon P300 compact camera and store them on the device for basic editing then show them on my television
It was also important that the adapter worked `out of the box' first time without any aggravation.
I plugged the adapter into the iPad, the camera was connected with its USB lead to the adapter and....

It did what was asked of it, downloaded the photos without any fuss. I also tried it with the memory card and again there were no problems. I have not yet used it with a USB memory stick.

To show the photos on the television I used a HDMI adapter from Apple bought here on Amazon which I have also reviewed.

This is a worthwhile purchase, a little cheaper here than on the Apple store so I think it is better value. I'd recommend this adapter and the HDMI adapter as necessities rather than accessories.
on 1 January 2014
I bought a cheap (non-Apple) connection kit a while back, which was okay for transferring pics from SD card to iPad, though a little temperamental. I recently bought a (music) keyboard which connected to the iPad via the USB socket on the same cheapo connector - sometimes! This became frustrating and then annoying, so I decided to bite the bullet and spend something like 10x my initial outlay on the 'official' connection kit. And you know what? It works - every time. And instantly. For keyboard and SD card connection, it does the job perfectly. But I don't think I'd have appreciated it as much if I hadn't experienced the frustrations of the cheap version beforehand.
on 20 March 2017
Just what I wanted thank you for brilliant service 👏🏻
on 22 July 2017
As expected
Purchased this for my mother who has the ipad 2 and recently invested in a digital camera, product is great does everything that you would expect.
Annoying that you have to buy just to connect a camera, especially as the camera was only a few pounds more than these.
on 4 May 2017
Didn't work with my ipad, probably too old a version.
on 30 April 2017
Exactly what I needed. Great items.