on 24 November 2011
I bought this for my 8 month old female 'Eva' as she is constantly on my lap top which causes it to overheat and the screen flashes like mad!!!!!! If I close the lap top lid she retreats to the draining board as of the dryer underneath! Unlike my other 4 cats she is the only one that goes to a direct heat-source. So, I saw this heat pad and read the reviews and thought "Perfect!". Anyway, it arrived today and was packaged well and I was excited to plug it in and leave it to wait for Eva to discover it (not making a fuss and letting her think of it as something she is not allowed on) as like a typical cat, if she thinks it is naughty she would use it! Anyway I had to laugh (and of raise my eyebrows) as I discovered her sat on my LAP TOP, right next to the heat pad! Grrrrr! I just hope she will take to it sometime! But I have to say the product itself it very good and it heats up to 55 degrees which is the exact temperature of the lap top! So I am now just waiting for her to use it, as combined with the bed I also bought her, that was £45 in all :/ Cats!!!!!! ^~^
on 17 December 2010
I have two aged cats, and bought one heated pad to see how they took to it.
An instant HIT.
They both love it.
Will now have to purchase a second one!!!!
on 28 November 2010
I bought this heating pad for my dog who is now 14 and like us feels the cold. The pad is excellent. It only uses 20 watts so is very cheap to run and has a thermostatic control that cuts in and out when needed. I placed it under my dogs blanket. Now i have trouble getting her out in the morning.
on 2 April 2012
We bought one of these for our African pygmy hedgehog. We wanted to know that she always had warmth in her cage without having to waste loads of energy keeping an electric radiator next to it. This mat is great! Her cage is plastic so the mat sits underneath and heats up the area where she sleeps. It's easy to use and set the temperature, and it seems really well made. Had it on more or less constantly for a couple of months now and it works just as well as when we bought it.
Its not a huge thing and we would't use it for our dog because I'm not sure how well it would withstand being chewed. It does look pretty tough but I think a microwaveable heat mat would be safer for an animal that chews.
For underneath a cat bed or for other small animals that don't chew, I'd definitely recommend it.
on 7 October 2011
What a success! I was reading different pet heating product reviews and as this one came highly rated so I went for it! My two Sphynx cats LOVE it, especially since the weather has turned cooler over the past few days. Temperature settings are digitally (factory) set in 5 degree increments from 25°C to 55°C, and I've found that placing the heat pad at 30°C at the bottom of their bed with a blanket tented over it is very toasty, so I still have "plenty of room" left to increase the temperature if needs be. Although being slightly smaller in size than normal cats, both fit on it absolutely fine :)
on 6 November 2011
My three elderly cats each have their own bed with one of these. 30 is just about right it does go higher though. If only they would learn to turn it off when they get out of bed in the mornings!!! recommended. Want to buy a spare but its out of stock - will keep hunting!!!
on 21 December 2010
I have a very happy cozy cat. This is ideal for keeping her nice and warm. She is getting on in years and i like the fact that i can keep it on all day and night for her.
on 1 July 2014
It worked all winter, and into the spring - only on overnight while the heating was off. The cat looked comfortable. I found it useful to be able to reduce the temperature in early spring. I think you get what you pay for - two cheap ones I bought did not work consistently, this round red one with temp dislay did has so far been reliable.
on 24 October 2013
Purchased this item end of february this year(2013). It has only been used through
March/April,and tried again recently but it failed to work.When queried with the suppliers
their response was, "Sorry you have had it more than 90 days".So much for customer
satisfaction.So i would not recommend them nor will i ever buy from them again.
on 25 September 2014
Item just as advertised. Having purchased one previously many years ago found this one much bigger in diameter but my 17yrs cat loves it. Temperature controls easy to operate and a good length of electric lead.