on 29 August 2012
arrived quickly, nice, black backpack for a 17 year old. Big enough to carry books etc. Hope it will last as long as they say Jansport should last.
on 27 October 2011
I've had one of these for about 8 years and the only reason I want to replace it is I damaged the zip for the main compartment, so it keeps splitting open. I originally got it to use as carry-on luggage for a 6 week trip and then used it in addition as a school bag carrying lots of heavy books daily during school term time for at least 6 years (teacher, not student, so it hasn't had to put up with rough and tumble a teenage boy might put it through!).

It is well balanced when full (unlike the Beamer, which I also have) and a good length. It has a large main compartment, a smaller middle compartment with pockets inside and a small front compartment with a clip inside for keys. The new one also has a laptop compartment in the main compartment and my 15.5" widescreen laptop just fits in, although it sticks out the top of the inner compartment and the velcro strap doesn't do up over it - the main compartment closes with the laptop in place. Obviously designed before the advent of the widescreen laptop. The back of the pack is well padded, as are the shoulder straps, so even if the bag is really heavy it doesn't cut into your shoulders. There is also a compartment at the top for an ipod or similar, with a headphone outlet.

All in all, an excellent bag and although it costs quite a bit it's well worth it.
on 9 August 2011
This is a nice bag with good build quality as to be expected with a Jansport product.

However I was very disappointed when I received the bag because it has no padding along the back of the bag as shown in the product images. Amazon should remove the picture of the padding along the back of the bag because the padding is non existent and is entirely misleading to the customer. I added a picture of the back of the padding to show everyone the product they are actually buying. Also in the pictures a drink holder at the side of the bag is shown, this aswell is non-existent in the bag which I received. Everything else on the bag is as described in the pictures.
review image
on 15 February 2013
I bought this to replace my old faithful Jansport rucksack I bought in 2000. That bag is still in good shape despite many years of regular use, but I was just bored of using the same bag for so many years. This bag is lightweight and is strong (I load it up with shopping coming back from work some times). Also the looks mean that I don't have to feel embarrassed with a rucksack even with a suit and tie.
on 13 April 2013
First thoughts when taking this out of the box was that it looks a little smaller than I was hoping for, but after filling it with things it was surprisingly spacious. It has a very nice feel of quality to it, the material is tough and it's very comfortable to wear even with a fairly heavy load.
on 3 December 2013
My partner loves it. Big enough to fit everything for work and enough compartments to keep food separate to paperwork. Jansport. You can't go wrong.
on 30 October 2013
Very well built bag, water-resistant and feels like its going to last for ever- comes with a lifetime guarantee anyway! Love the padding on the back and the straps, strong carry/hanging handle, good zips, resistant fabric and good stitching, easily fits everything I need in for a whole day at uni including books, water, lunch, maybe some clothes, gym kit ect. Even fits my 17" mcabook pro (only just, since its designed for 15" laptops. Would recommend to any student or anyone else that needs a great bag.
on 22 September 2013
Bought this bag for my 10 year old daughter as I was sick of all the others falling apart. It looks great, has plenty if pockets and most importantly seems really strong. It's a perfect size for all her school books and lunch bag. I bought a different brand bag for my son & the zip broke the first week back at school so I will definitely stick with Jan Sport for all the kids in future.
on 27 November 2012
There's 3 of these in our house now, including one of the older versions, and they're just the bees knees. They're the perfect size for an overnight or as a changing bag, loads of space in loads of different sized pockets, all the right handles in the right places, and very comfortable to wear too. Another baby on the way so there'll be one more ordered real soon now. :)
on 29 March 2013
Bought this for my partner, who is a bit of a gym bunny, but then goes into the office with a laptop as well. he seems completely satisfied with it, and says that somehow it seems to weigh less than than the same contents in his old rucksack.

Superb value for money, does the job brilliantly, and is wearing extremely well. Couldn't nbe happier!