on 12 June 2016
Review for the car radio release keys. If like me you've had your car's (Focus 2004) battery changed and couldn't find the radio's (CD6000) reset code you probably need this tool.
You insert both tools on each side of the radio where I thought screws were. Once you feel the click pull the tools outwards and the radio can be pulled out.
In my case the serial number needed to get a code was on top and on one side of the radio. When you retrieve the number you then have a few choices.
1. Speak to the dealer where you bought the car for the code which in my case was a Ford dealer. The wanted to charge £25 which I thought excessive although I recognise this is cheaper than buying a new radio.
2. Traul the internet at several offering free codes that when you give them all your details (not the safest thing to do) they then say you have to pay
3. In my case I found a Ford Cobra forum that had an online tool. Put your serial number in and it gives you the code - no asking for information or payment.

The tool - this was sent to me 1st Class for £1.28 from RadioWorld. I don't know how this is possible to make a living from but no complaints from me.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 13 October 2016
The keys arrived in an envelope few weeks after ordering. They were packed well enough for the contents. This is just two pieces of steel with uneven hooks at the end. They fit my radio very well however are not very comfortable to use. To release a radio you need to insert the keys in the slots and press outwards to unlock it, and same time pull towards you. This makes it a bit difficult as the hooks do not stay in very well and you need few attempts to pull the radio out. Your hand will feel it as the keys are made of fairly thin (although robust) metal.

Price

Country of Origin
Most likely China
on 8 July 2015
AFTER A FEW YEARS OF NO RADIO, I HAVE RADIO!!

AMAZING LITTLE GADGET - BUY THIS FOR £0.87 PENCE - YOU GET *TWO* OF THEM - SELLER "RADIOWORLD" SAVED MY SANITY.

THERE IS ALSO A *FREE* RADIO DECODER ONLINE AT -

DO NOT USE HAND-MADE "FREE" TOOLS - I SLIGHTLY SCRATCHED 2 OF THE 4 "RELEASE HOLES" ON MY IMMACULATE FORD RADIO BY TRYING THE "FREE" OPTION...AND DIDN'T EVEN MANAGE TO RELEASE THE RADIO

- BUY THESE...THE RADIO POPPED OUT IN A NANO-SECOND...

THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF MY BEST EVER PURCHASES - FORGET BUYING THESE FROM OTHER PLACES FOR £5.00 - THESE ARE AS GOOD.
on 25 January 2016
I was in need of something to remove my old radio from the car, and have, in the past used wire coat hangers. Lets face it, who has't! Given wire coat hangers are not the easiest thing to get hold of these days, I decided it was time to buy a proper set of these radio release keys.

There's not much you can say about these other than, they are nice and sturdy, and not made from flimsy metal. They did the job well, and I had my radio out in no time.

Give the price and the fact they are small and easy to store, what's not to recommend!
on 25 November 2013
Costing just a few pence; these saved me a fortune - removing the radio created a huge hole that you can actually get your hands and tools in behind the console to make fiddly wiring so much easier - the radio serial number is immediately visible to allow you to generate a radio code either through your local dealer or free via some online forums.

The only thing I would point out is the lack of instructions. Apologies if you know this, but I didn't, you need to push these prongs into the holes either side of the radio as far as they will go in AND then pull/lean them away from each other to lift the radio out.
on 19 August 2015
A very simple tool - BUT - a most effective one. It enabled me to get the car radio out of it's mounting within seconds to get the radio ID number so that I could then obtain the "reset" code. Minutes later the radio was working again. All in all a simple but great little gadget pair. Not something I will use often but when I do need it it will again be very useful.
The keys arrived next day so the service was good as very. So, ten out of ten on this item.
on 3 March 2016
Well they were certainly cheap enough. Unfortunately they didn't suit my radio- these are the kind with a little square-section "nipple" on the end. I needed the sort with a little wedge and cross slot, which these aren't. The stamping out wasn't that crisp but for a few pennies, what do you expect? They are worth trying if your radio needs this sort.
on 18 February 2018
Bought these pins for a Renault Grand Scenic, work a treat. These are actually my second set, the first are so good that when I lost them I ordered some more! Fast delivery too, much earlier than the quoted max date.
on 3 April 2016
Perfect. Great price for exactly what you want. Not too hard to bend to fit my radio (2013 Fiat Panda - needs only 2 not 4 prongs, but this bent exactly to shape needed!)
on 12 February 2014
I've seen some negative reviews on this product and wasn't sure whether to buy it or not. However it was very cheap so I decided to give it a go. The item arrived well before the estimated date and when I used them in my car radio, they worked first time with no problems. They just slot in and when you pull them out, the radio comes with them. I have seen some people say they had trouble removing them from the radio afterwards but I didn't seem to have that problem either. Definitely worth the money, especially if it is for a one off use.