on 21 January 2011
I bought this cable to transfer data and settings from my XP computer to my Windows 7 machine. The included software interfered with the Windows Easy Transfer program and transfer was not possible. The packaging only quotes Vista. Did I make a mistake or is the description inaccurate?
on 20 July 2011
I wanted to transfer data from an old machine to my new one, and from the blurb this seemed the ideal method.
However the documentation is confusing and complicated, and mixes up the transfer instructions wit those for another use the facility has.
It took ages to set it up, which was made worse by the fact that I had only one monitor which I had to keep transferring from one machine to the other. What happened was that as soon as I got the program running on one machine it would crash on the other as soon as I tried to get it to communicate with the other!
Eventually after a very frustration time I got it to work and all the data transferred, but I would not look forward to using it again!
on 23 August 2010
It can take several minutes until the two computers can see each other.
But when they are connected, transfer rates are very good.
on 8 February 2011
Was looking to transfer files between 2 computers both running XP, especially iTunes library which was fairly large. Product very simple to use - load the software onto one pc, connect the cable and away you go. File transfer was reasonable fast, only took 30-40mins to transfer all the docs i needed. Great product.
on 17 May 2011
I bought this cable when I got a new PC. I needed to transfer my iTunes library and had no idea how to do it. This cable made the whole process very easy, although having 2 monitors helped a great deal aswell.
on 16 November 2010
I bought this because I was buying a new computer with Windows 7 to replace my ageing XP machine. The hardware worked and there is nothing to say about it. The software is not very intuitive and seems to be more intended for synchronising laptops or netbooks to another machine on a day to day basis. It didn't sucessfuly transfer Outlook to my new computer and I ended up doing that using backup.pst files. I did use it for moving my datafiles across and that worked. For the price it is not bad value and maybe in someone else's hands it would work better.
on 19 August 2013
easy to install and use only grip is - you can only get THE FILE MANAGER on one of the computers connected
However the surprise was that I had an eternal USB hard drive connected to one computer and I could also view files on that drive
I have XP on a laptop and win 7 on the desktop.
FAB
RA
on 7 January 2011
if you have more than 1 computer and u need to transfer data this is a must have, easy to use and fast
on 7 January 2013
I purchase dthis item as my laptop was on the blink even though i had backed up most of my work onto memory stiks this reduced the length of time i had to be moving files on to my new Pc , what a great product very easy to use and at a resonable price to i am sure i will use t more ffrequently to transfer files i need to my Pc at work .
on 11 January 2011
The Set up of this product is a little tricky, but once it is set up the product is perfect from transferring files from one computer to another, very fast very effective :)

See one answered question