on 30 April 2012
When I bought this tin I was expecting something large enough to produce a decent sized swiss roll, and indeed this tala swiss roll tin is large (10" x 15" at the base), but that is also the problem: Because the material this tin is made from is so thin (it is even a little flexible) and since it has such a large base area, this resulted in the tin warping in the oven on only the forth use. This caused the sponge mixture to collect at one end of the tin and produced a swiss roll that was not uniform in thickness. In addition to this the sponge itself was too crispy at one end and too flabby at the other. Once out of the hot oven though the tin quickly returned to its original (flat) shape.

Completely miffed at the waste of ingredients and at my loss of confidence in this product I am now going to look for something more dependable but smaller.
The tin is not completely useless however as it can still be used as a kind of mould for jellies, truffles etc. But it certainly will not be used for its intended pupose anymore!

Please note that this is not a reflection on other Tala products as I have a few and believe that on the whole they deliver what they promise. With bakeware though it is certainly true that you get what you pay for, so my advice is to invest in something well made and it will repay you tenfold in results. My personal recommendation is Silverwood bakeware because it is made from rigid anodised aluminium which provides better and more even conduction than steel, it is also silver so that cakes are not overbrowned.

Happy baking!
on 21 August 2013
All the corners started rusting first and then the tin itself. Iron wire which supports the top edge of aluminium is shown at the corners which caused the rusting when come into contact with water. The face of the tin produces rusted liquid after wash which make it completely unusable for baking. This is a very very flimsy product. I have bought another swiss roll tin which is SO MUCH better in quality. Look elsewhere, honestly.
on 25 July 2013
This is a huge swiss roll tin! It's well made, however I doubt it will stay looking shiny for long a it's not a non stick type. I assume it will need hand washing and drying carefully to stop it from rusting, but other than that it's a nice product.
on 13 August 2014
very fast delivery and the product was just as I expected if anything it was probably a bit better than I expected. I have used the tray a couple of times now and I'm getting closer to coating it with hot oil then I will know how good it really is
on 12 January 2014
This is a very good swiss roll tin and I would definitely recommend it. I made a yule log for a friend using this tin and she was overjoyed.
on 21 June 2014
Wanted a super size swiss roll tin for a super size christmas log, this just about fitted my oven and was ideal, really well packaged too.
on 25 January 2012
The delivery was efficient and no problems with packaging. I would advise checking the measurements are in keeping with your oven if slightly small because there were only about 5cm to spare in our standard oven. I have yet to put it to use but am sure it will have no problems. The swiss-roll tin has a depth of a few centimetres which is useful for baking biscuits and other goodies too! A useful addition to the baking cupboard.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2013
Really difficult to find in the shops & so expensive when you do! This product is far better quality than I expected for the price & makes fantastic Swiss rolls ;)
on 10 November 2014
Brilliant tin,follow the instructions for the swiss roll that come in the tin and you can't go wrong.
This is a great size for a lovely family cake.
on 25 January 2015
size as discribed strong well made. clean ease of use delivered on time even comes with a basic recipe.will hopefully use for years to come.