on 3 February 2015
Initial entry from 3/2/2015: Was really pleased with the prompt delivery from Amazon and for nearly 7 months the printer worked well; it then developed a tray problem and it's mis-feeding the paper all the time. I contacted Amazon and they suggested I contact Kyocera. They replied more than a week later that they are happy to look at the printer but that I need to return it at my own cost (it's a heavy printer and the costs will be considerable) as well as stating that I will be held liable for any damage in transit. As my original contract/sale was with Amazon I expected Amazon to deal with this.

Updated 4/2/2015: at the second time of asking Amazon agreed to collect and refund the printer cost. Their service after that was speedy and efficient, as I have come to expect from them over the years.

I will be wary of purchasing from Kyocera again, given the UK customer service response: the printer weighs close to 27 lbs (12.1 kgrs) and the postage cost (in excess of 15 GBP including special delivery to guarantee its safe arrival-or recompense in the case of damage in transit) amounts to 10% of the cost of the printer, non refundable even if Kyocera agree there is a fault with the unit, a mere 6 1/2 months after purchase...I would have expected better service from a reputable manufacturer.
on 11 May 2013
Excellent print quality and wonderful to have duplex as standard. I've since added a second paper tray and been impressed at how it has coped with some relatively big print runs.

Print driver is pretty flexible and comes with a good selection of options as well.

Slightly disappointing side is that it's not particularly easy to get non-Kyocera toner refils. That said the branded ones aren't too expensive (especially when you compare to other manufacturers such as HP who don't have long life drums) and the sort of volumes the printer is aimed at you shouldn't be adding toner all that often.

My only regret would be that I didn't go a couple of models up and get the network connected model with built in scanner. The FS1320D seems quite sturdy so I suspect it will be many years until I need to consider replacing it.
on 14 March 2013
I bought these because at work we have the older kyocera printer that has never broken down in almost 6 years, so i bought this because of lots of printing i do. Very reliable and am regretting wasting money on domestic printers which are expensive to maintain. This printer though is not the nice looking printers but does the job perfectly.
on 24 April 2012
This replaced a Brother printer which I found very noisy. This printer is much quieter. However the duplex printing seemed slow when compared to a previous Kyocera printer I had owned and I bought an additional memory module (and not a Kyocera produced memory module which is quite expensive) in the hope that this would improve speeds. With this installed the duplex printing is extremely fast. The quality of print is very good. I would have given the printer five stars but for the need to buy additional memory to get decent duplex speeds.
on 15 September 2013
maybe in retrospect I wish I'd gone for a wireless one - but then again, all the reviews said setting those up was horrible. This is noisy while printing but it isn't printing all the time is it? It seems a really good, fast, printer - well done
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 July 2012
We bought this printer for use in a warehouse. It prints 200 pages a day easy and consumable costs are comparatively very low. Recommended!

See one answered question