on 24 August 2012
This is a very smart collection of the very early SUN recordings featuring Rock & Roll, Blues and Country.
Interesting reading inside about how Sun Records got started in Memphis, Tennessee and three CD's presented in a special box set. Good Price and Excellent to have in any CD collection.
on 16 December 2015
A recent holiday featuring a visit to Sun studios meant that this was an ideal birthday gift for my husband.
We are working our way through this cd and enjoying a great selection of tracks and I would agree that this is "an essential " that everyone should have in their cd collection. It comprises of 60 tracks on 3 cd's packaged in a nice tin.Good gift idea.
on 26 June 2011
How to compile a 3 CD set called Essential Sun Collection-take the obvious hits and then select the rest with a pin.
Since when has it become essential to include Pat Hare's I'm gonna murder my baby?
Not only that but some of this stuff is not even from Sun but Sun International which was founded in the late 70s and began to license recordings by Leroy Van Dyke and Roy Drusky among others.They may even have signed Sleepy la Beef for all I know-he'd been on so many labels.
Not worth anything to my mind but I gave it 3 stars as hate is too strong a word even for a mish mash like this
on 28 December 2012
I think it is a good idea to have collection of songs from Sun's early country performers in one box(literally).
on 3 January 2015
I am not at all sure if any or all of these tracks really are from the 1950s Sam Phillips Sun masters; even the first track seems to be a re-recording.
on 10 January 2015
Excellent collection of songs by various artists , although over priced.... Tesco now selling for £5 and not what I paid so well over priced...
on 13 March 2016
Having visited Sun Studios, this collection puts a lot of flesh on the memories of the visit. Thank you for the memories.
on 24 July 2016
Not all the obvious tracks, some nice surprises.

Great stuff.
on 28 January 2015
great music, took me back to my youth.
on 23 August 2015