Customer reviews

on 30 October 2014
Our 4 year old loves to listen to this They Might Be Giants CD in the car and so do we. The tunes are very listenable and I have definitely learned facts from it too. Recommended.

We also have No! which is maybe more enjoyable for slightly younger children and we don't listen to it as much now but that might just be because we've already heard it 10 million times!
on 30 September 2015
Great music and it's secretly educating my children as well. It's been terrific to hear them singing about plasma as the fourth state of matter and how the blood stream works!
on 24 April 2017
Brilliant to listen to in the car - we all sing along except to the photosynthesis song cos they go too fast for us ;-)
on 19 April 2017
Brilliant introduction to a wide range of scientific topics for the young and not so young. Great music and videos. Fantastic!
on 27 June 2017
Great cd for kids
on 5 November 2009
The product was purchased for a 12 year old who is mad about science. It proved amusing and educational for his younger siblings also. The animations were more suitable for the younger children but the songs were catchy, and all three children have learned to sing several of them! Generally informative and entertaining. I was pleased with this purchase.
on 4 September 2009
This is one of those rare bits of music that is enjoyable from start to finish. Ok - it's not Mozart, or Coltrane, but it is very good feel good pop, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It might even be a source of inspiration to anyone considering studies in science, and with the state of the UK in that regard at the moment that can only be a good thing.

Order it now!
on 10 March 2011
my kids (both 5 year old) are loving the colorfulness and the teaching aspect of these songs. they learn about elements, elephants, stars, planets in a cheerful and playful way. even though they don't understand english they learn a lot from the visuals while i briefly explain what they're singing about.
i'm a big fan of the band's songs and lyrics myself so i was quite happy that we found a mutual interest on this area :)
on 16 February 2014
I home educate my 2 children (8 and 6) and I have found my eldest learns much better if things are sung..so I've been hunting around for educational stuff in song..this CD was recommended by several other home educators so thought I'd try it. Within 24 hrs we couldn't get RoyGBiv out of our heads and by the end of a week we knew pretty much all of the songs..they are so fun and quirky and catchy. The kids wanted it in the house/the car/in their rooms..they couldnt get enough of it!
The DVD which comes with it is also brilliant as it puts more meaning into the songs with animations.

An absolute winner! I wish the band would do some more 'eduactional' type material..Geography/Maths/literacy..I see they also do a number and alphabet one but w're past thse so looking for something meatier..
on 6 April 2012
Quite simply this is one of the most original, funny and educational resources you will ever own. As some other reviewers have mentioned I bought the 123s first and it was such a big hit with the whole family (including a very sceptical daddy). As my eldest is a big science fan we decided to get this one. This is our favourite of all the TMBG CD/DVDs. the songs are really catchy and quirky, I have learnt a lot, and even our 2 year old loves the tunes. She even asks 'What is an element?" as a result of the 'Meet the Elements' song. The range of material through Biology, Chemistry and Physics is really diverse and you get the impression the band just brainstormed ideas and ran with them. The animations on the DVD are fascinating ( as with all the TMBG kids DVDs) and my 5 year old even took it to school where loads of kids from her class became very interested and requested the DVD on the computer again and again. The Bloodmobile is such a clever analogy and Meet the Elements is perfect in its concise and simple explanations. If you are a science teacher even up to KS3 level, there is much here to interest your pupils. If any child you know is remotely interested in science this CD is a must.