on 28 January 2012
This charger arrived quickly - but the supplier didn't include the all-important cable, despite it being clearly identified in the description. The charger itself has been fine - it certainly is (or certainly seems to be) a genuine HTC part and functions just as well as the originally-supplied one.

However when I got a cable from Modern-Tech it clearly wasn't a HTC item. What's more it was a very loose fit; in fact it would sometimes fall out even without the phone being moved or touched. I note their advert now makes clear the cable isn't an HTC part - I'm pretty sure it didn't do so when I bought it.

The price for the charger itself was good, and it arrived promptly and well packaged. I'm perfectly happy with that. Just beware of the cable!
on 11 March 2011
When I found the battery life was less than I had expected, I found it was annoying have to take the charger to the office every day and bring it home. Lazy I know. This product is perfect - I think it contains exactly the same charger stuff that came with the phone itself. Haven't got or seen any Blackberry leads that some others have commented on in some of these reviews, but all I know is that it works perfectly for my Desire and would easily recommend it to anyone who needs a replacement or additional charger.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2011
Original HTC charger, came with a new but non HTC USB cable (might be a blackberry one in fact).

Fits my HTC Desire just fine.

Also fits my Blackberry 8900 (as both use the same style charge)

Has a UK plug (charger can take differnt adapters but these are not supplied)

Both parts were good quality.

Arrived quickly and was well packed.

Very happy, i would buy this item again.
on 12 December 2011
The great thing about this charger is that it delivers a 1 amp charging current. This is particularly useful if you've got a recalcitrant device that won't charge on the standard 800 or 850 mA of other chargers. Use it to charge your phone, your Kindle, your iPod - anything that you can charge via a USB cable. Plus it disassembles into two pieces - which means it takes up less room when you're travelling. All in all, a fantastic charger.
on 9 March 2018
Good quality
on 3 September 2010
Have now had for a few weeks & report that it works OK. The packhge has a serious defect which is that the cable which has no indcation on it of being an HTC product is a very sloppy & inconsistent fit in the phone. This results in an easy loss of connectivity for instance when tethering the phone to a PVC. On balance I would recommend avoiding this product.
on 1 January 2018
Item as listed. :-)
on 6 October 2013
I though this was an original with a detachable head, but it isn't...

Having said that it works ok, and if a detachable head is not on your list of expectations, then this is fine. Charges Apple stuff too...
on 22 November 2011
If you have all day and night to recharge your HTC phone then buy this product. When my phone was half charged, it still took overnight and more to charge the phone completely. I tried my kindle charger and it charges my phone up far quicker than this one did!!
on 13 April 2013
I bought this charger as a back-up/spare and still have the original one that came with the phone. This new charger functions but does not charge my phone as quickly as the original one. In fact, where the original one will charge the battery from flat to full in a few hours, the new charger can be left all night while I sleep (approx. 8 hours) and still not charge the battery to full. I have tested this several times. Not sure if it is a fault or just a lower quality charger than the one that originally came with the phone.