Format: Audio CD|Change

No reviews for this album yet? How come? With 100 super songs on it, you'll find something you'll enjoy. It's mostly the early seventies stuff I love here, like No More Mr. Nice Guy/Elected - Alice Cooper; Stay With Me/Cindy Incidentally - Faces; Werewolves Of London - Warren Zevon; Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh; In My Own Time - Family, just to name a few.

Come on folks - you've gotta see this album. It's awesome!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 September 2013
I received a number of 'odd' presents for my birthday last week but this one was arguably the strangest. You see, I am not a 'Dad'. Nor am I ever likely to become one, unless I happen to meet a lady who has taken leave of most of her senses and who is the very dictionary definition of 'desperate'. So, it was with some surprise that I opened the beautifully wrapped gift from my Best Female Friend and discovered this.

I think she took my quizzical look to be wind or something equally unpleasant, for explanations were a bit thin on the ground to begin with. Even when she did tell me why she'd bought this, I couldn't really understand what on earth she was on about. It was something to do with her having taken leave of most of her senses and being the very dictionary definition of 'desperate' though, I think. Which I obviously took to mean that she hadn't been able to find anything a little more suitable to buy me as a present and was so 'desperate' that she had just decided to buy any old thing. Which did at least sound plausible, compared to the rubbish she came out with after that. About how she hadn't actually seen the word 'Dad' on the front of the box at all but had based her purchase very much on the track-list. Huh - a likely story!

Well, she looked so embarrassed already that I didn't have the heart to made a big deal out of it. And, the truth is, there's an awful lot of really good music on these five discs.

I haven't quite managed to figure out why these 100 tracks should be particularly appealing to 'Dads', since they seem to cover a broad spectrum of music and are almost exclusively sung by blokes. Still, there are some absolute gems on here. I should say it is only aimed at 'Dads' from within a certain age-range too since I know for a fact there is not one single song anywhere on here that my own father would ever have even heard of, much less approve of. Naturally, that sort of knowledge just makes me even more determined to enjoy every song in this collection all the more.

Most of the music seems to span the period from the early seventies to the late nineties, leaving very little room for the more modern stuff. That's a definite positive as far as I am concerned given how loud the music of today seems to be. That's funny, you know - I sound very much like my own father when I channel the spirit of Victor Meldrew like that. Weird.

The different music styles have been very effectively mixed up, leaving five very appealing discs. The presence of an awful lot of 80s material obviously helped this product endear itself to me although it still had a lot to do to impress me, simply to make up for the fact that there is no Bananarama anywhere on it. It's so hard to choose a favourite that I'm going to chicken out and not even bother. Well, just look at the track-list - you'll see just how hard it is!

Despite the fact that I am in no way qualified to have ever received this very entertaining box-set, I'm really very glad my Best Female Friend bought it for me. Putting her 'desperation' completely to one side, if this hadn't had the word 'Dad' written all over it I would have treated it as a rather welcome addition to my rather shamefully large collection of compilation albums. As a round-up of 100 popular songs, this is superb. In fact, I really don't see why a person would have to be a 'Dad' in order to be able to enjoy it.

Mind you, having thought about it, this would make a really brilliant gift for someone who isn't yet a 'Dad', but who has perhaps been identified as having all the necessary qualities for being one by a lady of impeccable taste and judgement. Or, failing that, someone who has taken leave of most of her senses and who is the very dictionary definition of 'desperate'. Yes, what better way to raise that whole subject than for a lady to buy this compilation for her chosen target and to then sit back and see what the chap in question says to her? She can always pretend that she didn't actually see the word 'Dad' written on the front of it and that she bought it purely on the strength of the track-list. I mean to say, if he doesn't seem at all interested - or if he's just as thick as two short planks.

Because, of course, not all men can cope with 'subtlety'...
on 23 March 2014
excellent cd.choose rating because I like the music on it.would recommend this cd to other people.good value for money cd
on 9 October 2011
prima and quick delivery.no problems whatsoever so i am a satisfied customer theo vanderheyden
on 7 January 2016
Delivered quickly and in great condition. Would happily use again.
on 24 August 2015
Some very good tracks but some I needed to listen to a few times..
on 10 January 2016
Fantastic product!!! My dad loved and knew every song!!!
on 13 December 2015
Just adding to our library of tunes for parties etc.....
on 1 November 2014
this CD brings back so many memories, just brilliant
on 19 August 2015