on 23 March 2011
I brought this to practice in my garden instead of getting a net out all the time. The first time I used this item I screwed the two bits together put it in the ground and tilted it so the ball was the right height from the ground and the bolt that attached the two peices together came loose from the top section making it unuseable.

Do not waste your money on this item you will not get a chance to use it, I wish I had just gone to the driving range saving the hassle of returning.
on 25 April 2011
I bought this as an aide to learning to hit the ball straight, after 2 swings the plastic sheeth above the ball disintegrated, soon afterwards the threaded nut and top arm came off (not welded) fortunately I have welding gear and welded the nut on to the arm so now it works the way it should. Unless you are prepared to this, don't buy one.
on 24 October 2011
Received in quick time, very excited to get this into action so after putting it together and setting it into the garden, I took my first swing, the ball went round and round, so pleased, and a straight shot with my driver, however, the second shot was another good hit on the ball, but the top part of the swing trainer was lying on the grass and the staked part was still in the grass. The internal nut was still attached to the screw on the stake. The mild steel tubing was split, but not to be detered, I cut off the split and inserted the nut, screwed it back on and soon I was back in business. Same thing happened, so cutting off another inch, a friend welded the nut to the base of the tube. Getting it home, I set it up again, first contact with the ball broke the weld. Not to be detered, and a light bulb moment later, I drilled a hole through the base of the top tube, through the nut and bolted screw and riveted it all together, fantastic, totally rigid now and ready to go, I set it up, took the swing, perfect on the ball part and broke the rivets, using the same hole I replaced the rivets with a split pin and again set up this item, which was quickly now becoming a nightmare, and total waste of money, hoping beyond hope that this would work, the split pin worked.....the tube bent. Too late to send it back after all my modifications, but the idea is good, just the mild steel used is not up to the job and needs something stronger, the ball on the rope is a good idea though if only a bit more thought had gone into the material used.
on 20 September 2011
Utter rubbish first one the arm came away from the ground spikes after 4 hits just received second one didn't even get it in the ground arm came away from ground spikes going for refund this time do not buy this item it will never work.
on 21 October 2011
this is the worst thing ever bought on amazon the sleeve on the swing arm broke on the first hit and im not the biggest hitter out there ?SKLZ Straight Shooter Golf Swing Trainer
on 7 September 2011
Bought the SKLZ swing trainer and it is useless.

Once it was assembled and set up according to the instructions the ball was almost 5 inches of the ground. The instructions said to angle the arm to lower the ball towards the ground. this is a hit or miss method to get the ball to a more sensible tee height.

After a couple of hits the whole arm spun around as the nut securing the arm with the ball on to the base came away so the trainer is now completely useless.

I have only had a few swings at this trainer so it was a waste of money

do not buy
on 19 April 2013
first of all the ball sat too high which made it difficult to hit secondly when I did make the adjustment I only hit the ball twice and the whole thing fell apart I am not happy with this product
on 21 August 2013
This unit deos not perform as I had expected in my opinion the arm has too much flex in it to give a true indication of the plain of the swing. Unless you just need the exercise I would not recommend this item.
on 7 August 2013
Brilliant product, a fantastic design, well thought out! simple to use and really does help. Only issue was the height of the ball from the ground, too high! Other than that good product and great delivery.
on 15 November 2013
An excellent simple product which actually does help you hit the ball more cleanly and straighten your shots up. It also helps on all sorts of lies just like playing the ball above or below your feet.