TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 June 2016
Really good range of sizes and good thicknesses. The large ones have now got a fair chunk of my wool stash in them and slide nicely under my two seater sofa. Not only keeping the moths out, but stopping the dogs toys from rolling under there too! 😝 My husband has put his suit and tweed jackets in the hanging ones, not deflated, but still bug proof! The others have various bits of my sewing stash as well as my hand knits around the house. I love the little ones which just hold a single knitting project and fit inside my art bin really well. Let's face it, a handknit in natural fibres costs well over £100, and these bags were only the price of one or two balls. Plus they are easy to get into, and you don't have to get the vacuum out each time. I have put a couple of the medium ones by the bedroom chair for in season knitwear to also keep them safe. I do have bought wool, merino and cashmere stuff too, and even if only one garment is saved, these have paid for themselves there too. A great invention, and stops me having to use strongly scented or chemical moth repellents all round the house. Also I don't need to dig everything out and replace the protection every few months! Oh, and yes they compact well, but you knew that already...
review image
5 people found this helpful
on 13 February 2016
So far I have used 3 or 4 of these bags - to store my growing amount craft goods(wool, fabric etc) and... so far so good. They have stayed compressed and flat for over a week now so I am very pleased with them. I used to store my items in those large plastic boxes to keep them in order, but I found myself running out of cupboard space. I now use 1 of the plastic boxes to store my compressed bags. How neat is that :) They are a great idea and are useful in so many way. I also think they would be good for minimising space in rucksacks/ cases too. Highly recommend
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 18 February 2013
Having read some of the negative reviews here I was a little worried but decided to give the bags a try & am so pleased that I did! They arrived promptly and well packaged The seller details clearly state the sizes of the bags and also the fact that the smallest bag does not have a valve.I've used most of them already & haven't so far experienced any problem with leaking etc.Freed up loads of space at home and was so impressed I ordered more the next day!!
12 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2014
Having heard that vacuum bags could be very hit and miss I spent ages researching which ones to buy to give myself the best chance of getting ones that actually worked. I failed because unfortunately these don't, despite repeated attempts following the instructions to the letter.
I'd hoped that the negative results I'd read about were down to a lack of care/attention to detail, but I'm a very careful person and was meticulous when using these and they still didn't work. Out of the 6 bags, I got the following results:

2 x lasted less than 12 hours before refilling with air (vacuum sealed around 22:00 and full of air again when I got up at 07:00 the following morning)
1 x lasted just over a day before refilling with air, despite it never being touched or moved
2 x lasted about a week
1 x held its vacuum for around 9 months before refilling with air (and to be fair this was only when it was moved around quite a bit from where it was stored) so I might give this one another go

It's a great idea but as of yet, it seems that nobody has managed to come up with a design that actually works.
2 people found this helpful
on 16 June 2016
Still using these 2.5 years after purchase, and only one has bust (and that was probably me being a bit rough). They have come in handy for long and short trips to maximise baggage space, and also for 2 house moves and long term storage of duvets, cushions and sewing fabrics.

It's still fun to pack these up and watch them shrink piles of clothes to a third of the original size! And the most fun is cushions and duvets that shrink down to about 1 fifth!

Great value, am thinking of buying more.
on 7 October 2013
I wasn't sure about this product as reviews were either very good or very bad.
I tried anyway and I am very satisfied.
The bags look solid and the system to close them works very well. You have to be careful though as to not do it brutally as I can easily see how the bag would rip. But if done carefully and slowly it works very well.
Once full and vacuumed I could store things in a third of their space.
The set comes with smaller bags without the vacuum hole but they were useful anyway : I've stored some small toys for my baby to protect them from dust while he can't use them.
Let's see in 6 months time if the air is still out of the bag!
In any case I'm buying a second set.
on 20 May 2016
Good quality bags! the caps are tight fitting and as an extra measure to ensure bags are sealed is silicone pad/plug that one removes while using the vacuum and replaces it when done and cap closes over it !
I think the very small bag should be done away with, s too small, keep with the size bags that are bigger than this - good variety of different sizes!
The hanging bags are well designed!
VERY IMPRESSED - WOULD BUY AGAIN!!
on 20 February 2016
Really pleased with these bags.Good quality and a decent size to get all sorts of things stored in them .Excellent value for money to get twelve bags of this size for this price,when you can pay a lot more for a lot less.Very easy to use open up ,pack your gear in, zip it up ,put Hoover in hole ,suck air out and job done easy peasy and quick ,would definitely recommend.Prompt and courteous service from seller too .
on 21 February 2017
Order placed on the Saturday, items received on the Monday - very impressed. Bought these bags as we are emigrating and need to squeeze as much as possible into our luggage. The bags are much bigger than I expected (I bought Medium) and can hold a lot of clothes if needed. The zip lock seal is extremely easy to use and has a white clasp that runs along the top to seal them without using your fingers. Seem very strong and when removing the air with a vacuum, they do exactly as described. Over all, very pleased with this. Would recommend.
on 7 December 2016
I had the same problem as the other 1 star reviewers - the product is not as described and not fit for purpose! I definitely didn't order the roll up bag. I contacted the seller to return this item but have been told that it would cost me £4 to return a £7 item. Absolute joke.
I then tried to use this product anyway but it does absolutely nothing to compact pack clothes.
2 people found this helpful