Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 March 2011
I have only recently discovered The frames after watching the film 'Once' and then googling Glen Hansard! Such a shame they weren't promoted in the UK - definitely our loss. This album is really raw with lots of energy and reminded me of some of the earlier Springsteen songs when he had so much to say in his lyrics and so much energy and enthusiasm for the music he was creating. Hansard's passion is as obvious.
on 29 June 2015
One Star because the Physical CD quality is deplorable, cheap quality such that over a year or two of use it will become unplayable, (Glen Hansard take note please).
As I have done since I bought my first CD in the 90's, I signed my initials on the back of the CD, not realising that the cheap quality of the CD meant that the optical readside of the CD was therefore damaged with a reverse image of the initials.
(laying a CD down on its' non-playing side is no longer a safe option).
CD is irreparable and a lesson has been learned.
(Music is excellent (undamaged tracks) - which I already knew, hense the reason for buying in the first place).
on 11 September 2015
The first Frames masterpiece. Great remaster, very nice bonus tracks. Get it.