Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 February 2011
I love piano music, so I chose this CD in the hope of finding out if the hype. surrounding Lang Lang is more than just hype. Well from the evidence of this CD I will say he is definatly a cut above other pianists. These are very very pleasing interpretations of the popular tunes found on CD 1. The recordings are of the highest quality, so well done Lang Lang for picking Deutsche Grammophon's quatity. CD 2 goes on to what I assume interests Lang Lang - It fascinats me so I am now a Lang Lang fan.
on 27 November 2011
What a talent this man is. His playing through the 2 CDs is of the highest quality and the Chinese compositions are a majesty in themselves. Wonderful recording of an exceptional talent.
on 12 November 2011
Really nice mix of 'traditional' and modern classical music, beautifully and powerfully played. Over 2 hours on 2 CDs - would definitely recommend it
on 7 November 2011
Lang Lang rarely fails to impress and this CD shows off his variations in touch delightfully. A bonus in CD2 is the introduction to the work of Chinese composers one is, otherwise, unlikely to hear plus Hess's piano concerto which, unaccountably, I had never heard before.
AM
on 23 October 2011
Delighted with this. Love Lang Lang and love this CD. Excellent quality and good value for money . A Must for any serious collector.
on 14 August 2012
These two CD's are a wonderful selection of music. Lang Lang's superb musical ability just shines through. CD 1 is a "classic" classical compilation. CD 2 is so breathtakingly beautiful, the quality of the recordings just amazing of these "modern" classical pieces. You feel as if you're actually in the concert hall enjoying a live performance, that's how brilliant this compilation and the recordings are.

Take some time to invest in the music and brilliance of Lang Lang, these CD's are an excellent starting point and the price is an absolute bargain!
on 5 December 2013
In my eyes, Lang Lang can do no wrong. The first time I heard him play Rachmaninoff I was transfixed. In my opinion no one has ever matched the depth of feeling he conveys. This CD is a true delight and as always superb DG recording to match the heavenly playing. If you like Lang Lang you will love this.
on 8 January 2014
I was expecting perhaps too much with this set. The playing is, of course, superb, but I was a little disappointed with the choice of music on disc 2. That, of course, is a personal matter, and will not apply to everyone.
on 28 April 2013
True, the second CD is "special". Hm, some of it a bit too special for my liking but most of it is so beautiful that I can live with that and I'm busy learning! What a very talented young pianist! Seen documentaries on TV about him too.
on 5 February 2013
For those who are fans of this excellent pianist this will be an exciting addition to their collection. Not only does he have the opportunity to show of his dexterity but he also introduces us to some charming original music.