on 6 April 2017
Bought this along with an 8gb CF card in order to transfer iPhone contacts to the Mercedes-Benz COMAND system. Worked perfectly. Simply used iCloud to create a VCF file, transferred that to the CF card and popped that into the PCMCIA adapter which then went into the slot in the C-Class. Bit of a clunky way of doing things but necessary now that the latest iOS won't talk to older versions of COMAND.
Using the free space to store and play music, saves keeping loads of CD's in the car.
on 12 April 2017
Is not what I want......no comment
on 22 January 2011
This little device does exactly what is says on the "tin". It enables me to plug a flashcard loaded with my CDs into the radio on my Mercedes car and does away with the limitations of carrying CDs in the car. I am not an electronics geek and I have made mistakes in the past when buying "devices" that claim to enhance something or other, but this adaptor is not one of them. It works. Of course, I had to buy a flashcard (4 GB Scandisk)and another adaptor to connect the flashcard to my laptop, but when the three components where to hand "ripping" my CDs to the the flashcard and then transferring the flashcard to the car radio was simplicity itself.
on 9 September 2013
I bought this for my W221 2006 S Class.
It 'sort of' worked. I actually wanted to use with an SD adapter - forget it.
I used it with a compact flash card and it worked for a couple of weeks - then it started to fail.
Since it would only work with a maximum of a 4GB CF card it was pointless anyhow - I can get more than that on a DVD.
It's now in my 'junk drawer' - you want one? I'll do it cheap!
I've subsequently gathered that there is actually a difference between adapters for the S Class and other Mercs. So despite the description I suspect this *doesn't* support the S Class.
Junk - a waste of money.
on 27 October 2012
The Merc CL 2007 (W216) has a PCMCIA slot and the Merc official adaptor is approx £60 and only takes ordinary SD cards. So after much research I decided to take the feedback advice given and buy this and it works perfectly. I bought a 32G Compact Flash card 133x to go in it, from Transcend. I have loaded the card with 26G of MP3 files. There is a Folder limit of approx 228 Folders in the Merc. If you need something that writes to the Flash card quickly, you will need to get a Compact Flash card reader (USB) as writing to the PCMCIA adaptor is very slow (approx 18 hours for 26G of data).
on 25 August 2011
Bought this to enable me to play my music collection on my Mercedes Command module. It does exactly as it says in the description and, with the addition of the Compact Flash card, I am using it to upload music and addresses to the hard disc on the Command as well as storing a large pert of my music collection for playing with the card slotted in. Excellent service from the provider - fully recommended.
on 30 May 2013
Owner of a C Class (2007) and have been pulling my hair trying to use the PCMCIA slot. Ordered some off ebay and tried them with SD and SDHA cards..all sizes. Did not work. Found this on Amazon and ordered a 4GB CF card and it worked! Order now for your car entertainment solutions. Great price and value.
on 13 July 2013
In this day and age I was surprised to discover that Mercedes had changed from using an SD card to using a PCMCIA card with its COMAND units - not sure that can be called progress. It did mean that all my old SD cards are now defunct and hence the reason for this purchase -

So the PCMCIA adaptor - Works well as it should. Feels solid and well made. Of course you do need to buy a Compact Flash card and I have tried using my old cards and they worked fine but as they are of a small capacity and I decided to buy a higher capacity one. I exclusively use Sandisk so cannot comment on other brands with this adaptor. This adaptor works well with the Sandisk Ultra, Extreme and Extreme Pro. I haven't tried any card larger than 8GB. I have been using it now for a few weeks without any issues and it has been taken in and out of the slot numerous times. The Compact Flash Card fits snugly and flush in the adaptor so once in place it all fits nice and flush with the Mercedes dash so is not noticeable. Although the Mercedes manual says only MP3 and WAV files can be read I have found that when copied onto the Compact Flash card the Mercedes will play ALL formats
on 18 March 2015
I have a Mercedes S Class 2007 reg. I purchased the Kingston 16GB Compact Flash card with the adaptor. When I initially downloaded my music onto the card the Audio command system did not recognise the file format even though they were in MP3 format. After deleting and reloading the music on a few occasion and still no success I reformated the CF Card and downloaded the music onto it one again, AND it worked a dream and the Command System was recognising the files and playing them as well.
FANTASTIC.
on 29 January 2011
I wanted an adapter for a media storage card (SD, Compact Flash etc.) in order that i could play mp3 music files on my Mercedes car audio system. This is the one that does it. You simply copy music to the C.F. card, insert the card into the PCMCIA adaptor and then plug the whole thing into your car's audio system. Hey presto 1000's of tracks available to listen to. Build quality is very high, i'm not sure who makes it but it looks typically Japanese.