Super versatile and strong. Easily holds my Sony a7s and 24-105mm Canon lens with not much effort at all required in setup. Even in use in 38C weather in humid Singapore, the tripod held up just fine! Great for timelapses on the go as well as fitting a camera in places where conventional tripods would be impossible to fit.

If I had one thing to criticise, it'd be that after holding it for a while it imparts small black particles to your hands - I imagine this is from the rubber on the legs.
on 5 March 2017
This is amazing! I am using it with a Canon 1DX MarkII and a 70-200 2.8 Lens with no problem at all. Very sturdy. Holds this combination really well. And it's lighter than my carbon tripod. So, it is very useful when your street photography!
on 22 February 2013
Placed my canon 650D with a 18-135 lens on this and it felt solid. Moved it about and clamped it on to a few things including a lamppost and it didn't flinch. Mine come with the head attached and camera fitted on with no problem. There are some for sale without the head - so be sure what you are paying for. It's built for wrapping around "things" so don't expect it to be a small level table tripod after use. Although you could compensate with the head, it's not easy to level on a flat surface.
on 31 March 2017
Robust but does not fit my camera
on 23 June 2016
I have only had this product since 30 April. I have used it once. This morning one of the legs fell off. I was just moving the legs so as to stand it up on a table. This product cost me £79 and I am upset that something that costs this much does not last more than two months and that is only after one use. I am really upset. I do not have the money to replace it. I have tried putting the leg back in but i can't get it in and to be honest I shouldn't even have to. I spent the extra money because I thought it would be better quality. I was wrong. Please see the photos for a reference. I shall state again. I have had this product two months and used it once.
review image review image
on 8 April 2016
I hate it! Bought it for my Nikon D810 (880 grams) that has a tamaron 24-70 (845 grams) lens on it. Its like trying to make a drunk guy stand on his two feet! Useless for pro DSLRs. You may want to use it with lighter DSLRs but certainly not pro gear! Its ball head doesn't remain fixed into a position and keeps getting loose! The description of the product - 'for Professional DSLR' is very misleading!!! It claims that it can hold 5 kgs which is absolute BS!! It cant even hold 1.7kg!!

UTTER WASTE OF MONEY.
on 15 April 2014
Unfortunately, the quality of Focus is horrible. One leg snapped just as I was to mount a camera for the second time on this tripod! Legs don't cling stable enough to fences where they should work flawlessly. Stay away from this disaster. It can't even support a D80 with a small 24-70 lense...
on 5 October 2016
I bought this to use with a 5D iii and its basically useless after a couple of months. The legs no longer hold the weight and its rubbish. I have tried to return it to Amazon but thats proving impossible. I wouldn't recommend this item which is a huge shame as it held so much promise.
on 4 October 2015
If you are traveler you will regret why you didn't get this long back.

Gorillpod is every penny worth it. Awesome grip and simple to operate.
Ball head-X is super smooth and two nob to adjust and for panning is just great.
Attaching my first shot taken in London

I used it with Nikon D7000 with Tokina 11-16 lens and it performed superb.
Final word: If you are looking for travel tripod or gorrilaPod only go with Focus+ballheadX.
review image
on 26 September 2013
Arrived in reasonable time and well packaged.

I have so far used this tripod in hides with a Nikon D3100 and a 70-300mm lens and also with an Olivon T90 scope (which is pretty heavy although I'm not sure how much). Using normal floor standing tripods in hides is often hopeless as the seats/benches are often screwed down too close to the window and there is often not much room. I wanted something to hold my camera or scope on the window ledge of a hide and often these are narrow. The flexibility of the legs is a real good point as you can bend the legs around to fit almost any situation (one leg wrapped over the window, one wrapped under the front of the ledge and one on the ledge). The rubber material on the spheres in the legs seems to grip just about anything although if I had one small criticism it would be when used as a traditional tripod and you want to reduce the height. Your forced to splay the legs out too far and it will sag - perhaps if the same rubber on the feet was a little softer (for even more grip) it might be even better.

As for the head, it works well and and once tightened up it stays put. However, for quality control I'd have to give it a negative. I didn't realise before my first trip out but the bracket you sit your camera/scope on is attached with a small allen screw which was not tight. After a little use on my first day it got worse and I didn't have an allen key with me. Once home this was easily rectified.

Would definitely recommend this item and although it is a bit pricey it seems to do the job.