on 15 January 2015
I wouldn't say it was that coarse. The grater blades are flat and close to the body of the grater and that is the main problem. Not only do you end up with lots of thin strips of cheese but because there is a lot of contact between the grater and the cheese it is not too brilliant at grating medium soft cheese as it sticks to the grater. I was really looking for a replacement for a hand grater with the round slots. Still, this one is easy to clean and I furtled the blades to give me a wider gap for thicker pieces of cheese.
on 10 June 2015
What sort of utter moron did the design for this product? Clearly someone with no knowledge of engineering. The metal wire frame of the grater body itself is only set in the handle by about half a centimetre, look in the photo! Much like a very cheap knife that just falls apart in your hands. For a grater the price is positively astronomical, so one would expect a high quality product.
The actual grating part of the product is nice and sharp, I wouldn't call it a coarse grate. Mine fell apart while grating a carrot for coleslaw, no excessive force was used on my part, the handle just fell off during use.
It could be a good product if the design was actually thought about and the wire actually extended into the handle then moulded into the plastic.
review image
on 28 November 2015
The grating blades are razor-sharp and cut through cheddar effortlessly. The resulting shavings are quite unusual and very thin. Seems well-made. Comes with a clip-on cover. No issues with cleaning provided you give it a wipe down after using it. All-in-all a well-designed product - very happy with it.
on 13 April 2015
I don't think you'll find a sharper grater. This one is incredible and I tend to use it mostly for regular cheddar, which it deals with in seconds. I dread the day I end up grating my fingers with this, because I'm sure it'll cause a nasty injury! So I always make sure I put the plastic guard back on as soon as it's out of the dishwasher. Highly recommended.
on 1 February 2016
Good grater but like others who have posted, after a few months usage the handle came away from the body. Poor design and difficult to repair. This seems to be a trend failure.
on 14 March 2018
A year and a half in and it still works like new.
on 29 April 2012
Bought this item in May 2011 and tonight, while drying, the handle parted company with the grater! Not the best performance for an item that will cost over £20, including postage, to replace!
on 6 October 2016
handy small grater when sometimes the large grater is not needed
on 20 December 2013
As with the fine & two way grater this is a great addition to my stock of kitchen equipment, I would not be without any of them. Highly recommended as makes grating a snitch.
on 10 April 2015
Excellent grater, ideal for coarse parmesan over the spaghetti etcetera.