on 13 March 2017
We've tried TWO sets of these, and whilst they are nice to use they have a major design flaw.

The plastic catch on the first set broke, and on the second set the metal bar that the catch uses to lock broke. It's a nice concept, but poorly executed. We just use them at home in a normal residential kitchen, so they haven't been abused in a commercial kitchen. I would have expected a few years of use from these, but I only got a few months.

Now they won't stay closed in the drawer, and that's really annoying.
on 26 May 2017
This is my second pair and am thrilled with them........ love things that work and they were a great price.
on 20 March 2015
Very good
on 8 August 2011
My original 4 star review remains in tact below.

The update, seeing these fall to 1 star, is based on the plastic lock mechanism failing after 4 months.
Completely broken so now an irritation to use . . . would seem I am not the only one either . . .

++++++++++

OK so I'm a sucker for doubtless paying a bit above the odds for the Jamie branding, based on other purchases though this does provide a degree of comfort in the quality and these are no exception.

Very light weight yet feel robust, so hopeful of long service from these tongs.

The sprung mechanism means they default to open with an easy to use thumb operated lock to keep them pinned shut. This is great for storage and also works nicely when mid cook to keep them neat on a rest.

Good length makes for greater versatility, say for turning under a grill without removing the pan.

The grooved ends also work well for extra purchase, without being sharp and puncturing sausages for example.

Overall very happy, only knocked to four stars by the price.
on 15 July 2013
These tongs look OK, but when you first hold and operate them they don't have a quality feel or action to them and after a few months they fall apart!

Not just the plastic components but the stainless steel pins inside also, which don't appear to be welded particularly well!

Buy a different brand!
on 11 February 2013
I have had 3 different pairs of these tongs (I kept sending them back) and EACH time they broke within a few weeks IN THE SAME PLACE. Until they break they are pretty good but, if I were you, I would buy the OXO tongs.....excellent.
on 2 December 2015
I've had these tongs for almost a year now and I use them all the time. They are amazingly light and go in the dishwasher regularly. I'm about to buy a second pair for my parents; the click lock keeps them from pinging apart brill, brill I would recommend. I do not write many reviews but this product deserves 5 stars!
on 8 June 2016
I bought one of these tongs a year ago, and it stopped functioning in relation to the locking mechanism.

It felt to me as I used them for some time (3 months) that the problem must have been 'pilot error'. So I bought another.

Same thing happened after a few weeks ...it's rubbish ! Don't buy it.
on 25 June 2015
These are nice to hold, light and they grip well. The sliding lock takes a little getting used to as the tongs I usualy get have a lock at the end that you 'bump' on & off but its not a problem to use.
on 25 September 2014
I love Jamie products! These tongs are sturdy, practical, and work wonderfully. They are also dish-washer safe. A great purchase, would recommend!