Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 29 December 2011
I have had a similar product for many years. It is used often and does a brilliant job (Grating carrots, cheese etc for toppings or a salad for one). However, the pivot joint went, so I decided to get this one as a replacement.

I was a little nervous, because my current one does the job, but is not the best quality and the price of this one did not bode well.

I am glad I did, because this is a better quality than my old one. The plastic used and the construction is much sturdier, and so it works like a dream. The big difference is that this only has one grater attachment where as my old one had four different ones. However, the attachments are work in this new one, so I am very happy with my purchase.
on 30 June 2015
♦ APOLLO ® The Housewares Brand
♦ COLOUR : CREAMY WHITE
♦ Lightweight plastic-type material with STAINLESS STEEL

This two-piece outfit comes in a sturdy rectangular box, measuring around 24.5 cm x 5.5 cm x 10.5 cm.
Initially I was a little worried about the quality as it is very lightweight compared with the old faithful mouli-type grater it was bought to replace in a hurry (as the latter brand seems to have been discontinued).
However, once assembled this little grater cut through 80 g of softer cheese in little time, having cut the cheese into chunks that would fit into the drum. The drum is one piece, so no hunting in drawers to find the handle as with older styles.

The grater measures around 20 cm in length when ready to grate and is comfortable to hold with rounded finger slots on the base.
A slight negative, perhaps, is that there is only one drum supplied but I was happy with the fine grain of cheese that came out. A little cheese usually `escapes' around the sides, in my experience, but it is easy to pick up and put through again, if required. Although, it was fine enough to add to the rest, as I only use mine for melting on the top of pasta dishes, fish pies or for making cheese toasties.

Hand wash only, but this is easily done in warm, soapy water once the inevitable residue of cheese is removed.

All in all, a useful grater which does the job I need it for and is very good value for money, IMO, at less than three pounds, delivered (at the time of writing).

ooOoo

From the box:
♦ 'Stainless steel drum
♦ Rotary grater
♦ Avoid cut fingers!
♦ Simplest and safest to use'
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 8 December 2011
Excellent value for money so easy to use especially for anyone who finds using an ordinary grater a little difficult.
on 13 July 2013
never write reviews but this product was so awful - I had to. flimsy and useless - the holes in the grater are so small that anything you try to grate just gets clogged up. TOTAL Waste of money- binned it. Really don't bother with this item - stick to an ordinary grater -at least they work!
on 14 January 2013
I guess Mouli went out of business. There are a few graters on the market that are copies. This is very like a plastic Mouli grater that I own. A friend liked it and I said I'd get one for her. This looked pretty close and has good reviews, but the plastic is not as good as the original, and there are not as many holes in the steel drum. But it works fine.
on 15 May 2015
This little gadget is a dream. No longer spend a fortune on buying grated parmesan, this does it perfectly. Service of seller is fab and I have now purchased one for my partner so we no longer fight over it.
on 20 March 2014
The plastic is like you would find on a cheap toy. The single grater that comes supplied is not a cheese grater, it has tiny holes like that of a lemon zester. The handle does not turn properly and snags, because this product has been thrown together in China with no thought as to if it even works or not.
on 14 November 2016
I wanted a grater for grating my parmesan cheese and it was next to useless for that, the stainless steel drum is too fine it comes out like sawdust ,it would be fine for nutmeg garlic ,ginger chocolate but not for hard cheese so will be looking for something else to replace it
on 25 October 2012
For the price I can't really complain. We use quite a lot of cheese and grating it is always such a hassle and mess. This allows me to grate a whole block into a container and use what is required, having only cleaned the grater once! In truth the size of the grated cheese is finer than I would like (an alternative drum would have been a better choice) However, as previoulsy stated for the money it is excellent value. Would recommend if you are looking for finely grated cheese.
on 20 October 2013
How did I live without this?! Seriously. It's made my life easier and my fingernails are now safe from the danger of being grated.

See one answered question