VINE VOICEon 11 September 2014
I must admit I'm new to this band and bought this album for Hey Soul Sister and I adore this album. I have it on all the time. But I love all the tracks, there's not a bad song on it. The lyrics are great. The track Marry Me is so beautiful, the line "You wear white and I'll wear out the words 'I Love you' and 'you're beautiful'." The first time I heard the title track I was singing it and couldn't get it out of my head especially the line "I've been high, I've been low, I've been yes and I've been oh hell no." Now one of my all time favourite songs. A brilliant band my regret is that I never got into them before now,so I'm now in the process of buying all their albums.
on 26 March 2015
I thought I'd try the album as I enjoyed "Hey Soul Sister" (I was recommended it as I play Ukulele), but to be honest the whole album is almost as good. I'd never heard them before, but will be looking out for more (they have quite a few albums). Very good musically and very light and uplifting song writing. You can tell they're from California, the sun shines through every track. Worth a punt.
on 5 August 2010
I have been a fan of Train since 2001, when Drops of Jupiter became a big hit for the band, but I lost track of them for a while, as they never got much recognition in the UK. I did rediscover them though and enjoyed their other albums, 'My Private Nation' and 'For Me, It's You', as well as their self titled debut. One thing that was clear from those albums is that the band are very good when it comes to singles (see 'Calling All Angels', 'When I Look To The Sky', and 'Cab'), and so I heard 'Hey, Soul Sister' before the album was released. I didn't know how successful the single would be however!

The album itself is in my opinion Train's best and most consistent album to date, and this is especially evident on opening title track, 'Save Me, San Francisco' which is fully loaded with trademark train-style lyrics, a big 'sing-along' chorus, and an irresistibly catchy tune from the opening guitar strum to the applause that ends the track, it truly is in my opinion THE definitive Train song.

That then gives way to the hugely successful 'Hey, Soul Sister', which displays Pat Monahan's vocals at their best. Then there's 'I Got You' a funky, if not a little odd sounding number, however after a couple of listens and you may find yourself dancing along to it. 'Parachute' is a much rockier track, which has accessible lyrics and a chorus that could easily make it a single (although not really a typical Train single). The album has already asserted itself by this stage, and remains fairly solid throughout the middle, although perhaps not as exciting as the opening tracks. This isn't to fault songs like the balladic 'This Ain't Goodbye' but the album really comes to life again on track nine 'Brick By Brick' an excellent song with sentimental lyrics and another big chorus. The album then calms down as it ends.

Overall the album is very strong, the sound of a band who know exactly what sound they want, and by this stage in their career can do it very well. If you enjoy this album then be sure to check out their other albums, 'Drops of Jupiter' perhaps the most accessible after this one.
on 16 August 2017
Good product, as described, very good price, very quick delivery, would use again.
on 24 June 2011
I purchased this album for my step son and his now wife. During the lead up to their wedding I kept hearing 'Marry Me' by Train on Radio 2 and thought it was a lovely track. I can't say anything else about the album as I gave it to them as a present and therefore I have not actually listened to it myself. I can however recommend Marry Me, and if the rest is of a similar standard then it will be brilliant.
on 19 July 2012
This has got to be one of the best albums ever bought. I love it. There isn't one song on this album I don't like.

After hearing "drive by" on the radio I downloaded this and another of their albums. I can honestly say that they are a fantastic band who obviously are under rated as I had never heard of them before but they have been on the scene for about 15 years apparently.

I would recommend this album to all my friends as it is very much worth a listen. If I could give this more stars then I would.
on 3 December 2017
Love this album..
on 7 November 2011
I was watching Train live in concert on TV 6-7 months ago, and I was very impressed. Monahans voice is extraordinary strong and distinct. He covers all genres of songs. Ballads, rock and the more funky stuff are all done with exquisite skills. His song writing is also very superior. Music and lyrics are of a high standard, and sound mix and production of the CD is fantastic. Additional musicians on the album is also a couple of Norwegian guys. Espen Lind who has written Hey Soul Sister, and is playing ukulele on this track, has released this as a single. Monahans version is still a bit better. A great band that unfortunately don't tour a lot in Europe. Buy this album, you will enjoy every minute of it!
on 1 September 2017