Customer reviews

on 24 August 2005
If you've dropped in here by accident STOP, because this is something special. Forget any preconceptions about "new age" music, ignore the awful cover, don't waste time listening to the samples (which are simply short excerpts from the very slow starts to each track) and believe me, if you dare, when I say that this is one of the best "ambient/chill out" albums out there.
Dwarfed by the reputation of younger brother, Mike, Terry Oldfield's music - on this CD at least - follows a much more satisfying, far less bombastic "fusion" style through the merging of haunting Indian melodies & chants with western-influenced structures and the insidious, naturally "club" orientated back-beats of the tablas. The end result? A wonderfully laid-back, cleverly produced album that simply etches itself into your memory banks and demands repeat listening. Closer to "Café del Mar" than beards, beads & sandals it's the soundtrack to that languidly cool journey through India you've been promising yourself... and it's a totally undiscovered gem of a record.
on 2 April 2012
I borrowed this cd from the library a few years ago. Then it disappeared from the shelves. It wasn't available in shops, then I found it at Amzon. I loved the work and couldn't wait to purchase it. Reassured that it was in good condition and reasonably priced I did just that and after just two days, I received the cd. I am delighted to say that it is everying I hoped it would be.
on 29 July 2015
not original music, far to manipulated and artificial, very dissappointiing
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse