on 14 May 2014
Orianthi came to fame as the guitarist for the ill fated Michael Jackson show for the London 02 concerts and you can see her featured on the DVD "This Is It".

The covered edition you see here is the original first pressing and release of this CD (2009), and is the second solo release from her. The other second pressing version of this CD with the Red and White different posed Orianthi cover was released with a slightly different tracking list with the same title, but also referred to as Believe ii (2).

Both versions of this CD is full of good to top notch pop rock songs, by a lighting fast guitarist with cool guitar riffs and vocals. She really is a very good talented young lady in rock these days for her youth.

Her first solo CD (2007) "Violet Journey" is hard to get under the £15 to £20 mark if you can get a copy, and if you like what you hear, there is Orianthi's third solo CD (2013) "Heaven In This Hell" but with a slightly heavier rock style.

As a side piece of information Orianthi has a track on the Bratz OST #8 Now or Never, and is also a featured guest with Michael Bolton on the CD "Ain.t No Mountain High Enough" track #11 Money (that's What I Want). She has also feat' with Carlos Santana and many others, just check out Youtube for videos and other live footage etc.
on 6 July 2010
Orianthi is a breath of fresh air. She can sing.. she can play guitar (fantastic guitar player).
The songs have a pop/rock feel to them.
This cd has an awesome cover of 'Missing You' on it and i have to say I now prefer Orianthi's version to the original.
Such a talented artist.
A must-have album in my opinion.
5 people found this helpful
on 9 June 2018
Everything OK
on 20 November 2009
Got to agree with James above, what a breath of fresh air, and unlike some of the so called heavy metal screams from todays so called artists, this lady can sing and more to the point I can hear and understand every word rather than the vocals being drowned out by an overdriven heavily distorted guitarist. And they are addictive. Her guitar skills were never in doubt, a well mixed album to be enjoyed.
6 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2017
it was a Christmas present
on 19 May 2017
Top quality guitar playing
on 15 November 2014
Excellent album, excelletn service
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2009
Orianthi, for those who don't know, was Michael Jackson's most recent guitarist, and is in the "This is It" film.

But she can also song, and write songs.

Her style is probably best compared to a slightly heavier Avril Lavigne - at least the Let Go album - with lots of guitar fills and solos. The songs are generally of a devent standard, and the girl can sing pretty well too (check out "According To You" on YouTube). There are hints of AC/DC in places as well, which is no bad thing.

Plus a pretty good instrumental track with Steve Vai guesting.

She's still developing as a guitarist, and if you want to be pedantic you could find faults in he rplaying (especially the vibrato, although she's not nearly as bad as Kirk Hammett), but she has very good chops, can let rip with the best of 'em ("Think Like a Man" is my particular favourite), and this album should have done better in the US - and is unheard of in the UK, which is a great shame.

My daughter (11) also loves it.
4 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2010
I don't want to ramble on reiterating the overview of Orianthi that I left on my review of Violet Journey (10 Tracks) Aust Excl, and, if you've visited the reviews of that album before this one, you may have noticed my unreserved enthusiasm for it.

I ordered both albums at the same time, but Violet Journey arrived well before this one, giving it a two week head start into my affections. Consequently, by the time this one arrived my expectations had been well and truly lifted.

When I was trying to decide on a star rating for this album, four stars seemed too high, but in the same way, three seemed unfairly low. It is a case of trying to balance Orianthi's gargantuan talent with songs on this album, some of which cater for the commercial pop-rock market just too much for me, and my, slightly older, tastes. After enjoying the first album so much, I was stunned to find that the first four tracks on this one were a disappointment.

However, the title track Believe, my personal favourite Feels Like Home with it's incredibly Santana-esque fretwork, the bluesy Untogether, down-tempo Drive away, and the touching and sentimental God Only Knows, rescue the album from the ignominy of a much lower score.

I would never tell anyone not to buy this album, after all Orianthi is an amazing talent on guitar, vocals and songwriting, I just preferred the more naked feel to Violet Journey rather than the commercialized pop-rock fireworks on this one.

Save yourself the stress of deciding, just buy both.
5 people found this helpful
on 14 July 2010
I bought this after the excellent Violet journey album.
I was disappointed in the change from Violet Journey,it sounds like Avril Lavigne on steroids,mostly,a noisy pop sounding album.
I actually gave it away,maybe that was premature........

I feel she has been influenced by US producers on this album to her detriment to make a commercial record,which is hiding her real ability.
It feels hurried and like one long pop song.
Orianthi is an incredible guitar player composer and a decent singer too.
She is quite capable of producing her own album like she did with Violet journey.

I hope if you are reading this Orianthi,you wont be offended,this is constructive criticism,and you will get back to basics take your time and produce another amazing well thought out album like Violet Journey.

"Lights of Manos" is heavenly, unbelievably beautiful composition from your heart.
I feel it will become a classic,indeed the whole album will.
You have incredable talent,within you lies the Ocean of infinite inspiration.
I play PRS guitar too,but am nowhere near your ability,mostly due to advancing years and Arthritis.
But you inspire me nontheless.
Good luck to you,please make a DVD album soon!
One person found this helpful