on 9 March 2013
I bought the hoover for somebody else, they said it was good but I have no more information. It's stupid I have to write so much just to review
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2012
I have now used this product for more than 12 months. The first issue I encountered was the ratchet settings on the handle/bag arm. As you go about cleaning, the arm articulates in the usual way, up and down. However, there is a mid-latch position that clicks in, which results in lifting the base off the floor. You then have to interrupt your routine just to step on the latch-release button. This became so frustrating; I disassembled the machine and removed the middle latch position from the ratchet. This has now overcome this issue.

Second, when the bag becomes full the motor takes the strain, heats up and a thermal switch cuts out the power. There is no prior indication to warn you of this event. The consequence is that you have to wait for the motor to cool off. In the meantime, you scratch your head to think of something to do after your cleaning task is so rudely interrupted! This assumes you know that this is the reason the Hoover has stopped working. Otherwise, you are pondering why the machine has failed.

A thermal cut-out should be a last resort to save the motor from breakdown and for safety reasons, not as a "bag full" mechanism. I would recommend to Hoover some consideration for a simple electronic monitoring device of the motor's power consumption that gives an indication the bag becoming full. A warning light (a sounder for those visually impaired), so attached, and would be sufficient.

You would think that with all the experience that Hoover has in making such products that basic operational features should be classed as a 'given'. To my mind, the product does not seem to have had any practical testing in a real home because these poor design features are too obvious.

Otherwise, the performance of the Hoover is quite satisfactory.
on 7 September 2013
bought this on behalf of my friend,had a bit of trouble with fitting the dust bag, but every thing seems fine now. Very powerful.
on 6 July 2011
it's lightweight and good value for money, but the electric chord isn't very long and also needs an extra tool extension piece.
on 28 May 2011
We are very happy with the hoover, we have had one before and as it lasted over ten years we were happy to purchase another.
on 25 December 2012
I purchased this vacuum cleaner in Dec 2010 (& wished I had not) due to reviews & the name "HOOVER". After 2 years have had enough & replacing it. The problem being that no replacement hoover bag lasts more than 5/6 uses before splitting,as far as I can tell if I put genuine "Hoover" replacement bags into it the wall of the bag is pushed onto the inside of the removable front cover which has small plastic fins (for want of a better word) all the way down it which stick out & puncture the bags in several places. If I put non genuine "Hoover" bags into it they split at the bottom so depositing what little dust there is in the bag all over the inside of the hoover bag compartment. I cannot keep purchasing replacement bags which only last for 5/6 uses of the vacuum cleaner. I did call an engineer out while it was still under warranty due to the fact that it kept cutting out (gets very hot when in use), but he found no fault.
Am off to buy a bagless upright in the Christmas sales!!!
on 31 March 2011
wife loves her new hoover so light to handle and and a good little cleaner.good buy and price. thank you.
on 28 March 2014
I have one already so I hoped it would be a good one and it is Good suction and tool choice
on 24 June 2015
Super Machine does the Job properly
on 10 January 2013
This vacuum cleaner is absolutely brilliant. Picks up the smallest of particles - eg small bits of paper, cotton thread, bread crumbs etc. It tends to be a bit noisy but you soon forget about that. I have found this machine far superior to the bagless ones and would recommend this vacuum cleaner every time. The price is brilliant as well.