Customer reviews

LEGO Harry Potter 4738 Hagrid's Hut

on 2 April 2016
Good seller, as described. Thank you.
on 7 January 2011
I purchased this toy with my little boy's hard earned pocket money and at first was slightly unsure if it was worth the rather steep price. My son is an avid Harry Potter fan and was utterly thrilled with it when it arrived. He had fun putting it together, which he also found quite easy (he is only 7!) and even more fun playing with it after.
I would recomed this toanyone, it's great!.
on 28 January 2011
My son really likes this Lego set and you get a lot for your money. Firstly, the Hagrid figure is fantastic. He is much taller than the others and comes complete with his pink umbrella. There is also a light brick for the fire, so with the push of a small switch there is a blazing fire in the hut. The hut can be folded or opened up to play inside. It is also the cheapest set to feature Harry, Ron and Hermione.

The build was generally straight forward. The hinging required some parental engineering help, but my six year old got on quite well. He shared the build with his Mum, and apart from a few bricks where the colour had to be examined properly (the greys and blacks in the instructions can look the same), but generally did quite well with it. The Aragog is rather good and my son supplemented the spider army with some others from other sets to create a great enemy for the wizards to battle.

This would be a great set to start a Lego Harry Potter collection as you get the three principal characters, Hagrid, a fearsome enemy in Aragog and a great building. That makes it excellent value for money.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
on 12 August 2011
I got Hagrids Hut for my 11th Birthday from my mum and dad.
Me and my Dad spent about an hour and a half building it up.
It was really fun to build aswell as playing with!!

This Set comes with Harry Potter, Ron Weasly, Hermione Granger and Hagrid.
It has a light up brick for the fire which gives it a homey touch.
And it also come with Aragog, Hagrids big spider.

Furniture is also included.

I would say it is very much worth the paying price.

The only problem for me is the roof,
because a part of the roof keeps coming off so I have to be very carefull with that bit.

Overall I would give it 4 stars :)
on 13 April 2011
I have bought this set as our second Lego Harry Potter set and it was great choice - you will find some of your favourite characters in the box and spend some quality time while building Hagrid's Hut - and this is only begining. Excellent set for good price on amazon!!!
on 25 March 2011
Me and my kids (1, 5, 7) plays with Hagrid's Hut alot. Aspecially, my one year old son likes to look at all the details. I am Harry Potter fan and with this piece of Lego box, you get many cool characters and one nice hut for a bargin price.

The toy can easily be wrecked though, but perhaps that is because my one year old son plays with it ;)
on 14 July 2011
Lego is always a great toy, and one that combines Lego with Harry Potter is brilliant. Also delivered quickly and ordered at the best price around. Great.
on 19 November 2012
Wow, i see the value has increased since Lego stopped making this range. This set is the one i really wanted from the Harry Potter series as it had the three main characters and (at the time) wasn't too expensive. Having seen the 'real' Hagrids Hut at the WB studio tour i can say the set remains faithful to the film/books. The light up fire makes it a little special. The addition of Aragog is great, Hagrid is a great figure. Get this set if you can spare the cash, i guess it wont get any cheaper now.
on 3 January 2012
As my 15 year old daughter is a Harry Potter follower I purchased this as a Christmas gift just for fun. She assembled it in an hour or so and it has pride of place on her dresser. She loves it.
on 10 September 2011
My son loves this, very good for role playing Harry Potter, especially likes the light up fireplace! The price we paid was much less than anywhere else and made it seem more value for money.