on 2 June 2016
I was a little disapopinted. It works, and does what it's supposed to, but it looked a little on the cheap side for a Leighton Denny product. I have his nail files which are wonderful, well packaged and well worth the money. This seems like a bit of an afterthought. If it wasn't a 'name' brand I wouldn't have thought twice about it and am happy with it, but just expected a little better 'build' quality from LD.
on 17 February 2015
Basic tool, does the job. Would normally use the wooden sticks, but felt they were too rough on my cuticles.
Only bought this because I was buying the crystal nail file of the same brand, as you have to spend £10 to be able to buy this... I think you could find one that does the same job in the high street. So don't spend money just to get this item, it's good, but not that good.
on 6 January 2016
This is pretty much the perfect hoof stick for me. Perfect firmness and angle for pushing cuticles back and the scraper ends removes any excess nicely, I use it in combination with the Sally Hansen gel cuticle remover. Would recommend to anyone looking for an affordable hoof stick.
on 20 September 2015
this hoofstick is not fit for purpose.... The tip is hard plastic, not rubber etc, and the stick is indented about an inch from the hoof-end... which means that, as you work it in small circles pushing back the cuticle, it starts to wobble and then snaps in two useless pieces.. This is not the quality of Leighton Denny and, although it was low in price, it was a complete waste of whatever money it cost.... The Hoof Stick Leighton Denny sells through QVC is nothing like this knock off.... Buyer Beware!!
on 9 November 2013
Very good at pushing back. How much is uncertain to me. this is good at it though. What it is not so good at -is the scraping off . The growth residue that is left on the nail itself-the opposite end of the hoof does not work very well in my opinion.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2015
I really wanted to love this as much as I love the nail file, but I don't. The rubber end is too soft to push cuticles back, and the other end (which I try to use for cleaning under nails) just doesn't do it for me.
on 18 December 2012
It does the job, it's the kind I wanted and I couldn't find a similar one in Boots or superdrug. It's absolutely fine. But if you think it's going to be something super douper because it has Leighton and Denny branding, it isn't!
3 people found this helpful
on 26 October 2015
These are really useful little tools. I use mine for all manner of things. The only problem is that they are transparent and I keep losing them!!
on 1 June 2016
wife can now sort her hoofs out
One person found this helpful
on 26 July 2015
I do like the design of the stick however the hoof is a bit harder than I imagined. The plastic is also slightly rippled/disfigured on the surface but it looks fine from a distance (it doesn't affect how the item works though). The angled edge at the end is useful. Not bad for the price!