VINE VOICEon 15 February 2011
The delivery and set up of the TV were faultless. It worked straight out of the box. I had already purchased the matching DVD recorder/player and they both integrated without any problems. The picture is a bit on the dark side but I have been able to adjust it to suit my needs. This is the only bit of fiddling I have done. The digital and analogue pictures are excellent. The only slight downside is the time it takes to warm up. This can be a bit annoying when I have been watching a program on another TV in another room and want to continue watching it on this TV and have to wait for it to warm up, etc, however this is a minor issue. All in all this is a great product and I am thrilled to bits with it.
on 12 November 2010
EASY TO SET UP THIS TV HAS A SUPERB PICTURE AND ALTHOUGH IT IS HD READY THE PICTURE IS AS GOOD AS HD PROGRAMMES ON MY OTHER FULL HD PANASONIC TV
on 10 December 2010
Panasonic quality at a reasonable price, because of the small screen size. Ideal for small rooms or those on a budget, but wants good quality.
on 21 August 2015
great picture
on 5 February 2011
Think you
on 27 August 2010
I got this Panasonic LCD after having returned a Sony Bravia, which was not up to scratch. Thankfully, this set beat the pants off it.

The picture is really very good indeed, with the richest colours and contrast you could expect from an LCD. The sound is great too, no problems at all there either.

The standard issue Panasonic remote control is nice and clear and it feels sturdy, although there are quite a few buttons that you won't be able to use with this particular set. The on-screen controls are really clear and there aren't too many features to tinker with - the thing doesn't need much tweaking anyway. The set itself is attractive and pretty compact - the frame around the screen is thin, although the set is a little deeper than your average LCD.

The only niggles are that the Panasonic program guide does not display the channel you are watching - it instead displays little adverts - that's a bit rich! Also, when you stick subtitles on, you can't watch channels in 4:3 - it forces the picture wide, which is daft.

But overall, you can't go wrong with this LCD. It's worth spending a bit extra on a Panasonic, they're still the best. I learned that the hard way!
11 Comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 September 2010
Panasonic TX-L26X20B 26-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview

I took delivery of this TV yesterday and I am extremely pleased with my choice. This is my first LCD TV and I am quite impressed with it. The menu is very easy to use, they keys on the remote control are quite large and well laid out, the remote is sturdy too.

I particularly like that you can input your Owner ID and PIN in case of theft.

This TV has 2 scart sockets and 3 HDMI which is great for any equipment to be connected, it does have other connections too for Audio, I have only used the two scart sockets up to now, but all of the connections are very clearly marked with what they are, you can also connect the TV to your computer.

The gloss black bezel is very smart as well.

The sound and picture are excellent, I haven't had to do much at all in the way of adjustments to either of these functions.

I have only had this TV for 24 hours so I am still experimenting with things. I haven't used the SD card facility as yet, but this is a great feature with this TV.

I won't be using it for gaming or suchlike, but my grandsons may when they visit, it does have a gaming mode too.

I didn't purchase my set from Amazon, I found a supplier who were £20 cheaper which also provided free delivery, but Amazon's price is quite competitive.

I am not an expert when it comes to televisions, but I do know a little about Hi Fi sound due to my husband dabbling with Hi Fi, myself and my husband think this TV is great all round.

Just one slight problem that we experienced and that was connecting the stand to the TV, the screws are only very short and these have to go in to a hole which has about a 1 1/2" drop, I suppose a magnetic screwdriver would have helped if we had had one, but we fixed it in the end.

I note that another person has complained a little about the EPG not showing the channel that you are viewing, this isn't a problem for us really, our Hard drive recorder is the same so we are used to no picture when using the EPG which isn't for long anyway.
22 Comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 January 2014
1. I FEEL IT IS REASONABLE TO EXPECT 5 YEARS USE WHEN YOU PAY TOP DOLLAR AS I DID.
2. SOUND WAS APPALLING, HAD TO INVEST IN ADDITIONAL SPEAKERS.
3. DO NOT BUY - YOU MAY WELL BE CHEATED AS I DID.
on 18 December 2010
Despite returning my first one (could hear a buzzing noise coming from the back of tv) i have still given this tv 5 stars. Amazon were brilliant in sending me another one the same day! This tv works fine, the picture is brilliant when i play my ps3, i didnt expect it to be so clear and detailed but Cod black ops looks really nice. I have my sky box plugged into the tv and the picture is good, not brilliant but i didnt expect it to be in my room. The sound is far superior to any other 26 inch tv apart from the sony which also has decent sound. I have had bad experiences with other tv's so i decided to just get the best 26 inch tv this time, and im very glad i did! Highly recommend this tv, its one of the most expensive 26inch tv's but theres a good reason why it is!
on 15 December 2010
This an excellent TV. The picture is clear and is very responsive to adjustment on the remote control. Sound is superb for the size of the set, and you can control the quality of tone/depth etc. quite easily. We bought the set from John Lewis - not from Amazon, but the Amazon price is very good. Overall - very good value for money.