on 15 January 2012
I went to a barber shop about 2 years ago and they used this after shaving my neck line. I got home not thinking much about it, until my girlfriend got home. Then next day she had me going back to the barber shop to pick up a bottle. Great aftershave.
on 6 November 2014
Good old fashioned barbershop smell mellows down to a masculine period fragrance short projection time of fragrance but leaves the face feeling revitalised and refreshed overhaul a good aftershave for the price.A longer delivery on this one to the UK but came within the time frame stated by the retailer good communication also from them.overhual pleased with this transaction thank you.
on 18 August 2015
I'd read a few reviews of this aftershave online but as I'd never tried it before, I wasn't sure what to expect. When I first opened the bottle to smell the scent, I was a little disappointed; to me it smells like shampoo. Then I remembered some of the online reviews which said that this was a classic barbers shop fragrance, so that made sense to me.

I didn't dislike the scent, I just didn't think it smelled like aftershave but then I've also read online that this aftershave, it's scent and formula goes back to the 1840s, probably when aftershaves were very different to what they are today.

I'd also read that it was a very strong scent with staying power and that consequently some men cut it with a drop of Thayers witch hazel. I'd also read that it was a similar similar to Brut which is fine by me because Brut is an AS, EDT and EDC that I like. However, at first I didn't think it smelled like Brut when sniffing it from the bottle.

Once I'd tried the aftershave, I didn't think it was a very strong scent or that it lasted very long but that can be dependent upon the individuals skin. It smells much better and different on than it does out of the bottle and this is something I've noticed with other aftershaves and I agree that it does smell a little like Brut.

It comes in a good sized bottle, which is a good shape and even has little finger grips on it. The bottle is plastic, I prefer my AS, EDT and EDC in glass bottles, that's because I imagine (though I could be wrong) that synthetic plastic will alter the scent and also because glass simply looks classier; if this bottle had been glass I'd have given 4 stars instead of 3.

I'm currently experimenting with a range of classic old school budget AS's, EDT's & EDC's which is why I purchased this. Overall, I'm happy with the product and will purchase it again, it's definitely worth a try for a man that wants a classic old school budget fragrance and yet not cheap smelling.
on 8 July 2014
Proper, Oldskool Barber Aftershave. I do not mean this is a 'dated' smell, far from it, it is just a mature and fresh scent ideal for hair lines, shaving and the classic 'skin fade' or military cut seal the skin from close haircuts. Great product, great price. Will last longer than a £50 bottle of overpowering generic 'designer' fragrances which tend to go out of fashion much like brand clothes.
on 26 January 2016
If you want that lost barber shop fragrance then this is it. Perhaps the scent isn't for all, but for nostalgia it is perfect. I remember my granddad and my father in the 1950's coming back from a barber shop shave smelling similar. I thought that the fragrance didn't last that long, but after a day my daughter remarked that she could still smell the "by then" subtle smell on me. I ordered a second bottle and will continue to use it after a good shave. The bottle is big too. As it comes from the US I don't think a glass bottle would be suitable in today's postal system and feel that this plastic bottle is more hard wearing and after all, who sees it but me. It takes a while to arrive so be patient.
on 27 January 2016
This is a classic masculine scent which will - at least for gentlemen of a certain age - transport them back to the barber's shops of their youth. It's fresh and clean; it has a longer sillage than I expected, given other comments; and it's very good value for money compared to many fragrances on the market.

It won't become my signature scent, but I like it a lot and will probably buy more when this large bottle eventually runs out.
on 12 December 2015
Good size bottle of splash, took a little while to arrive but I think it was worth the wait. The bottle is all plastic as is the top which was vacuumed sealed. It's a really nice clean scent and not overpowering to me a least and reminds me of the smell of talcum powder, I don't use it as aftershave much mostly just as a splash it's still a good aftershave though and the scent lasts a reasonably long time. Something diffrent and familiar at the same time
on 11 April 2016
Taditional DE shaving has made me nostalgic for the kind of productsvI remember my father using decades ago. I was looking for an old-fashioned, barber shop after-shave and saw Pinaud Clubman mentioned on the shaving forums I follow. It's not hugely expensive so I gave it a go.
At first I was a bit disappointed ... It has a slightly sweet, bubble gum smell and isn't very sophisticated (says the user of Lalique Encre Noir, Knize Ten and Caron colognes!) But I must admit the Clubman has grown on me a lot and I find the distinctive scent pleasant.
As an aftershave itvdoes work well, with a gentle post-shaving burn. My wife thinks it smells good, too
It's also good value for money: the plastic bottle is pretty big.
on 29 May 2015
I Need to say sorry to cosmetic solutions as i left a bad report last time,cause they sent the wrong thing but they made up for this by letting me keep the first bottle and sending out the After Shave again to me free of charge SO thank you to allof you. I do recomend this aftershave to you all it has a real nice strong smell to it,I like it and will be buying again,Hope you will also.posted 23rd june 2015.
on 7 September 2015
Only thing this really had going for it is the scent & how cheap it is.
It is like a more citrus brut!
You need to smell it for yourself by leaving on your skin for 15 minutes.
Good sillage & longevity for an aftershave, one of the strongest aftershaves I have used.

See one answered question