on 19 March 2016
Although the alarm sounds when using the test button, it's almost impossible to trigger the alarm with smoke. This morning I had a small kitchen fire during which the alarm didn't activate despite a large amount of smoke. Once the fire was out I tried, unsuccessfully, to activate the alarm by holding smoking paper directly beneath it. Meanwhile, the test button continues to give 100% confidence that the device works properly.

What could be worse? Well, because I discovered this 7 months after ordering, it's no longer eligible for return, either.
on 18 January 2017
So far it has kept us completely in the loop about the house not being on fire. This may not sound like an achievement, but the last 2 (other makes) I bought just decided to go off at random points of the night. Waking baby/mum who are pretty irate about such things.

We do have a log burner quite near it, and despite the occasional bit of smoke it hasn't gone off. I shall come back and change my review should we have a real house fire and it doesn't go off.
on 29 August 2015
Installed okay but when we came to test it wouldn't sound. The LED flashed but no alarm. Tried changing the battery but no luck. Very disappointed as we have the Atom by FireAngel and it works brilliantly. But no matter what we tried this one wouldn't work.
on 8 March 2017
Even though i brought heat alarm i still wanted smoke alarm too one that does not go off at the smallest trendril of smoke or steam, this is very good it has not gone off when the toast was over done or just getting out the shower.
on 10 January 2016
I used this to replace the much dearer sealed model, which had only completed 5 years of its supposed 10 year life span before failing. So far it is working as promised.
on 29 March 2017
I purchased this smoke detector to fit in our utility room. We already have two and knew what to expect. Easy to install and maintain. Arrived promptly. So far so good.
on 17 May 2017
A must have for everyone bought this for caravan as the previous one wasn't toast proof and kept going off
on 6 May 2017
Had a faulty unit. Went off randomly, then couldn't turn it off with the button. not sure if it would function correctly in the event of a fire.
on 10 April 2017
EXCELLENT. Great design; big button. Battery incuded. No false alamrs. A great reassurance.
on 27 April 2017