on 5 April 2013
I'd recommend this keyboard to anyone. I used one years ago with a static mouse, but then went on to temp jobs and didn't make a fuss about how I sat at my desk when on temp assignment. As a result I caused myself sufficient arm and back muscle damage to miss work. Remembering the really comfortable compact keyboard I had used before, I checked it out on RSI/health websites and they all recommended the 840 Saturnus. I bought it in a rush through Amazon and it was delivered very promptly. The price was pretty high but my need to be able to work was more important. It has immediately helped me get back to work properly. The keyboard is very familiar under the fingers in terms of size of keys and board layout. As a trained typist who uses top-row numbers only, I don't really use the number pad so I don't miss that. Also, it's not ostentatiously 'ergonomic' - it just looks efficient and organised, which is a good look! The primary benefit, tho, is that the keyboard is narrow enough to place your mouse immediately next to it and not feel cramped or find yourself stretching your arm out sideways. So no more arm and back straining required. I've also invested in a static mouse, the Kensington Trackball, which again, cuts down dramatically on arm and back strain very quickly. The 840 Saturnus keyboard and Kensington Trackball mouse are a magic combo and a really good investment.
on 12 May 2012
It's not cheap, but worth every penny.

I have rheumatoid arthritis affecting my shoulder and wrists and would be in agony at the end of every working day. My employers paid for this keyboard on advice from the Access to Work auditor who recommended a light-touch keyboard without a numerical keypad. Right from the first use this keyboard, combined with a 'handshake' style mouse (a £15 one) my pain levels improved dramatically.

The length of the keyboard prevents the arm being at an angle when using a mouse. This reduces strain on the shoulder and elbow. The keys are very light, almost as light as my Dell Inspiron Netbook 1011, and have reduced pain levels in my fingers, knuckles and wrist.

Highly recommended for anyone with arthritis, RSI, shoulder impingements or similar. So good I bought one for home too!
on 30 June 2016
I tend to no longer write reviews for amazon but I disliked this so much I'll make a special case.
This thing has been designed to look sleek and cool but at the cost of actually doing its job. If you do much keyboard work you need Home/End/etc but instead they've put them on the arrow keys so you have to press a modifier key to get them to work. Idiotic. There are keyboards the same size which don't unnecessarily combine functionality.
The keys have been flattened for coolness which reduces tactile feedback. Better yet, the function keys are together in a thin row at the top, ungrouped, and so close together it's impossible for me to tell by touch which one I'm on, or even if my finger's overlapping two, forcing the user to look down to operate. Amazingly stupid.
The final touch of class is that the keyboard defaults to having numlock on when turned on, or whenever you switch to a different account (and intermittently numlock comes on when you successfully log in too). This shows their attitude to QA. Avoid this keyboard.
FYI the A4 Tech KL-5 Mini Slim Compact Keyboard <ttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001CJH6Y6> was far better except it didn't have a Ctrl on both sides of the space bar (essential for emacs users) so I've defaulted to the Perixx PERIBOARD-407B, Mini Keyboard <https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0064M436A> which I don't like the chiclet-style keys of, but it's least it works. They're both, incidentally, a fraction of the cost of this overpriced junk.
on 9 December 2015
I have had this keyboard for just under a month. The first one that I received was bent in the middle and didn't sit flat on the table.
This keyboard really is nice to work with, but the lack of a numeric keypad means that you will have to reassign some keys such as enabling Dragon Naturally Speaking - and you can't just pick one at random (such as F2) - you need to think about the other apps that you use.
It would be good if the manufacturer supplied a keyboard overlay tool so that you could redefine some of the keys along the top of the keyboard as these seem to be aimed more at the domestic user rather than the professional, though I fully realise that mostly professionals would be looking to buy this.
Why 2 stars - there is a bit if a quality issue. The paint has already worn through (completely) in less than a month in one area of the keyboard. I spoke to the retailer who says that it is a known issue with hand cream, but in my case it is because that is where my thumb rests, Most keyboards last at least a year before showing signs of wear - for example a Dell will be shiny after a year and will have a dip after 3 years. I would be surprised to see this last for more than a year.
on 16 August 2012
Just a comment on this - it's a US rather than UK keyboard layout, which could be a problem if you also use a UK keyboard at other times
on 9 May 2016
Nice wee keyboard. pleasant to type with, you can actually feeel some feedback when a key is pressed not like most laptop keyboards. great for doing lots of typing on the go or just instead of laptop keyboards. mines will also be used for my Ps4/Ps3. All my hot keys work with wndows 10 64bit, even the favourites key opens up the bookmarks in firefox. (The manual stated it would not).

I wouldint pay £60 however I just bought mine for a quid at a car boot sale on Sunday. It has 2 loose but usable keys (backsalsh, hash), sure I can sort that.
on 11 November 2015
Brilliant keyboard - have a shoulder injury and this really helps me. A really light and small keyboard - can put it in a large handbag. Keeps my shoulders square and in alignment. This was recommended to me by a physiotherapist and subsequently ordered for me at work. Now I have bought one for home use. Only slight issue is that it frequently defaults to number lock, so be aware when first starting up computer and typing in password! I would never want to have any other keyboard now - best one I have ever had.
on 27 July 2012
I really like this keyboard. It is exactly the same size as a standard keyboard with the number pad cut off. This allows me to put the mousepad much closer on my right.. couldnt be better...
on 20 February 2015
I have bought and used 15 keyboards in the last 15 years (no joke), and this is the one I keep coming back to. It's (almost) perfect. And I don't say that lightly.
review image
on 28 November 2011
To my surprise this seems to be the first review for this product!

Brought to replace a keyboard that was unsuitable for my day job. I had wanted a compact cordless keyboard that wasn't from Logitech as I've worn some of the letters off two of their keyboards. I work at home and do a lot of editing of source code, and some work processing. I needed a quality keyboard with a good action and an <Escape> key that's in the 'right place' and this seems to have both.

What I really wanted was a wireless keyboard with compact layout (no numeric keypad) and a quality action that wasn't made by Logitech as I've worn some of the letters off two of their keyboards. However I couldn't find one, so shelled out for this. Once I got use to the action have been very pleased with it. The built-in USB hub happily works with the nano-receiver for my mouse. The action is not as shallow as a laptop keyboard and slightly firmer, but positive. Using the Fn key to get <Home>, <End>, and is probably the thing that has taken most getting used to, and for some reason at the login it works as if Fn is being held down e.g. striking the 'm' sends 0 not m.

I would still prefer a normal layout just without the numeric keypad, but this is far better for me than a normal full-size keyboard as I like to have the alpha keys central in front of me, which means the mouse is a long way to my right.

The cable is long enough I can thread it down to the PC below the desk without it restricting where on the desk I can put the keyboard. It's also nice to once more have a keyboard with a dedicated mute button, for those websites that think they know what I like to listen to better than I do.

Time will tell about the quality of the lettering, but if this one goes I might well just stick printed labels on...