on 12 January 2017
Very disappointing. I'm a massive fan of Rachel and have many of her more recent books which I have used a lot.This one was most uninspiring. Hardly any pictures, it's not till you have a book with literally no pictures of what you are creating that you realise how much you depend on them!! I've given it two stars because it's Rachel but really disappointed.. I won't send it back because I hardly paid anything, straight off to the charity shop sadly..🙁
on 3 August 2016
Delicious recipes for cooking and baking with a photograph of every recipe. I constantly use this book and keep finding something else I want to make. It has great bakes :Dad's brown bread, white chocolate buns, afternoon tea cake, Ballymaloe Balloons, scones, truffles and great meals: french onion soup, Lasagne, Roast Chicken, Roast Pork, Roast Lamb, Fish,coconut prawns, Steak and Chips, Pizza, Burgers and so much more.
on 14 October 2015
Always enjoy this lady's recipe books as they are so beautifully produced with easy-to-read recipes which are not out-landish. I find I usually have most, or all the ingredients in my larder when I wish to make any of her recipes off the cuff.
on 24 February 2014
this book contains my favourite roast lamb recipe which i hav ecooked around 30 times. Thank you Rachel! it is clear she is a good teacher because the instructions are very clear and easy to follow. A reliable book.
on 25 April 2017
not much in here for my liking delivery was on time
on 18 July 2009
This is one of my favourite cookbooks. I have made several of the recipes and they are all easy to follow and delicious. I would recommend a hardback copy though as you will be using it and looking through loads.

I definately wasn't disappointed with this cookbook and hopefully neither will you be.

Happy cooking!
on 16 April 2017
Good cookbook.
on 5 January 2012
I love Rachel Allen, she's a fab chef and has some lovely ideas.
I love her book style too, she plans meals out for you and ideas and puts them together for different types of "do's".
Recipes all seem solid and the ones I have used have all worked a right treat.
on 7 October 2015
Great book bought second hand mint condition as discribed. Super value for a new book
on 17 November 2014
It is okay, although I have other books from her and I like them all much more than this one, which for me is very basic.