on 2 January 2018
I'm due this year and had no idea where to even start looking after my baby! Having no children in the family and no friends with children I also had no one to ask for advice, this book is a lifesaver!
I feel a little more confident with what I am able to do now thanks to the easy to read non patronising way this book is written, and it doesn't make you feel like a failure not knowing what to do like some other books do.
Definitely recommend to all first time mum's that are freaking out a bit!
14 people found this helpful
on 5 July 2017
Great book. Really honest and tells you loads of information that you probably don't know.
I was quite sceptical at reading books whilst expecting but this book is a must for the first time parent.
5 people found this helpful
on 3 July 2017
I bought this for my son and daughter-in-law as they are first time parents. They are taking such a leap into the unknown that I thought this book would help. They have both been reading it and are finding it very informative and useful.
3 people found this helpful
on 8 August 2017
Can be a bit repetitive. Read it on kindle and wasn't sure was I reading a photo caption because every now and then you'd think I've just read that! Generally good info in it. More around UK services and advice.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 April 2018
As a first time mum-to-be, I find this book reassuring and calming. It is written in a very laid back and honest way, that makes you feel like you are not alone and that you will be fine! There are lists of things that your baby will need and lists of things that shops tell you babies need, but really they don't - which is handy advice for a newbie parent, like me. A really good buy and a great price.
on 4 May 2018
Really helpful, and unlike a lot of other guides for new parents, stresses the importance of you doing things your own way, and of developing a relationship with baby that benefits you and them.
One person found this helpful
on 25 October 2017
I loved this book as a first time mum. It's an easy read, non judgemental and covers a wide range of topics. Even my husband read parts
2 people found this helpful
on 7 November 2017
God book with some tips and tricks. You can feel the humorous tone throughout the book, making it a breeze to read.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2018
A no-nonsense guide to prepare for parenthood. What is great about this book is it tells you what you should prioritise in preparing for baby, and what you could do without. I’ve found it a mindfield trying to understand what (expensive) equipment and all-things-baby to buy, and this book helped me to understand what was essential, and what really is a waste of money. Who knew that the modern term for a pushchair and pram was ‘travel system’? I didn’t before getting this book.
One person found this helpful
on 18 May 2018
On the whole, a very useful book, but a few details are out of date now and guidelines and research suggest slightly different things are safe. For example, the section on car seats doesn’t match current regulations and the section on swaddling isn’t in line with current safety suggestions. However, the majority of the book was a useful guide.