on 6 January 2014
This isn't rust proof, it started rusting after few weeks, even though it was washed and dried often. (pain)
It also wobbled the products, as the slats underneath are very thin.
Now has been replaced with a rust free sturdy glass shelf.
on 15 July 2017
Looks good and well made but showing signs of rust - should be stainless steel
on 7 October 2014
Update: August 2016 - This shelf has now rusted badly and I will be seeking a refund or replacement from Amazon
Original Review 2014 - We bought 2 of these just over a year ago. I have just bought another one. One is fine, the other rusted as hell - the difference appears to be which shaving foam is placed on the rack. I now wish I had kept the wrapping to send the rusty one back under the 5 year guarantee - but i just didn't expect it to rust.
Shaving foam in aluminium dispensers do not cause a problem (e.g. Nivea, L'oreal), but shaving foam in steel dispensers (e.g. Gillette, Wilkinson Sword, and all Women's shaving foam dispensers) react with the coating on the shelf and within a few hours it will begins to rust - and rusts very badly, very quickly.
Having told the girls to use Men's foam they refused saying it smelt horrible, so then instructed them NOT to place on teh shelf under any circumstances. 2 days ago I found a steel dispenser on the non-rusted shelf - it had been there just over an hour, and a sport of rust had immediately appeared.
How to tell the difference in shaving foams. Aluminium is blown - so has a smooth sides which bend and form the base, Steel ones have a separate line around the bottom of the dispenser, and if you look underneath there is a central hole in the base.
on 8 February 2013
Absolutely perfect for a shower. Not too bulky and big enough to hold all f the essentials and more. Straightforward fix to the wall at a great price. Goodserevice from company with speedy delivery.
on 27 May 2012
This is much better quality than you'll find in your average hardware store. Good size stores loads of stuff, easy fixing with 2 screws. Doesn't appear to be rusting after several months.
on 18 January 2015
With a five year non rust guarantee, I am not happy that these are already rusting badly after just over a year and will need to be replaced already! In fact they started rusting a few months ago but as they are so bad as to need replacing, I thought to check the description of the product! Definitely not a good buy!
on 16 February 2016
Easy to install and has remained sturdy on my tiled bathroom wall but....it does rust. A shame because it's a neat little shelf but after a few weeks it began to rust and has now got so bad that I'm going to have to replace it. If you're going to be putting wet products back on the shelf, I would avoid this one.
on 30 March 2014
This is the second one of these I have purchased. Feels really secure even with several bottles of product in it. Mine are fixed at high level so don't get water on them with every shower so can't say what the "rusting situation" is like. But for me they look great and perform well
on 17 May 2013
This is a great product for my bathroom. I picked it because items slide off my current shelt, but this has a rail which stops them falling off. I've bought a second one for my ensuite. Can't comment on rust, however, as it's not be installed in the shower area.
on 21 December 2013
Very smart and sturdy. A doddle to fit - I mounted mine in the grout line, so did not have to drill.
Neatly stores my teenager's shampoos, conditioners, gels, etc, which keeps them off the side of the bath and window sill.
Wish I'd found it years ago.