Top critical review
8 people found this helpful
I bought this because i thought she might enjoy the tubes and various compartments
on 9 April 2015
Do NOT buy this !! My children have had many hamsters and various cages over the years. I bought this for our syrian hamster which we had previously in a different cage. I bought this because i thought she might enjoy the tubes and various compartments. I write this with the assumption you have never had a rotastak cage before, as i had not.
1. Fidddly to put together, you need to be firm or it wont go together, but too rough and its flimsy enough it will break.
2. Tubes need to be checked regularly, and if hammy decides to store all their food in them, as mine did you have to then unattach to clean, risking breakage.
3. A child even gently knocking the tubes will mean they come apart.
4. My hamster pushed the ' cap ' that holds the water bottle OUT FROM THE INSIDE in the night, she ESCAPED out the cage and we worked out that the dog had chased her into a hole in the wall that housed a pipe. She was lucky not to be eaten by the dog or the cat. 14 hours later we heard her behind the fake wall in the front room. We had to smash open the wall to get her.
5. In my opinion this cage is also not big enough, i was planning to buy extra to make it bigger until the fault became apparent.
6 Looks fab , but in my oipnion it is flimsy rubbish, and the tubes are a nightmare, and im sure my hamster is no more or less clever or determined than the average hamster so if she can escape, so can yours.