Colour Name: black|Change

on 15 March 2011
I have several DAB radios, but I wanted a radio for the bathroom that didn't use up batteries at the rate DAB radios, and even normal radios, do. I was keen to have one with the solar facility and not just mains rechargeable. It is stylish, easy to use and for use in the bathroom the sound is very good. I charged it up initially from the mains and so far the only recharging I have had to do is by leaving it in the sun. I would strongly recomend it.
on 12 March 2015
Just what I wanted,thanks.
on 5 April 2011
Excellent product wonder how I managed without it.
It follows me around all day. Considering the amount
of time I have it on the solar batteries cope quite
well, the warning light as they do somtimes require
a mains charge means you are able to keep them in good order either charging when the radio is on or off. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase
and would thoroughly recomend this roberts radio
on 12 February 2011
I bought this radio to replace my dying DAB radio in the kitchen. It's very easy to use, sound quality is fine and signal strength is at least as good as the one it replaced. The solar panel won't work on the East facing windowsill in February, even with the sun out but it charges when moved to a South facing window. You even get rechargeable batteries with it. Overall, excellent value for money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2010
...then I would rate it 5 stars! Bought one for ourselves and so far have been impressed with the ease of setting up, the controls, the solar charging and the quality of the sound. So pleased in fact, we bought a second one! Why only 4 stars? Haven't had the chance to really test the machine properly over longer period of time but I am sure that we will be just as pleased in a few months time.
on 28 March 2011
Very impressed with this radio - especially for the price. Easy to set up & use and with an excellent choice of channels etc. Sound is generally very clear, although some interference can be picked up from movement if you are close to the radio. Most of the positive reviews of the radio were correct & I cannot understand how anyone could give less than a '3' for the score.
on 4 March 2015
Great little radio
on 21 May 2014
So far so good. I am even able too get DAB stations though our rating isn't good so that is very pleasing . The only fault that I have is that the handle is only an indentation in the back, I would have preferred a proper handle as I carry it a fair bit and i do feel that it would be easy and very expensive to drop it. i have found the workings fairly easy to work out as I don't like reading instruction books and though many have said hey don't care for the tone I think it is very listenable.
on 24 November 2010
Great buy for the price. It has easy to use controls with a great reception. The batteries do last the day if your in a bright sunlight spot it does go that little longer due to Solar power. I use it in my shed but is handy for the outdoors when working. Over all a great buy.
on 14 May 2016