on 16 April 2015
Although I've found some of the Banks books very good (Abattoir Blues, The Summer That Never Was, Gallows View) I was disappointed with this one. One of a lesbian couple is murdered. Various routes are explored (family, social relationships and distant history) but not in a way that engaged my interest. The denouement was sudden and for me not very credible. I finished it out of a stubborn persistence to get to the end asap!
on 23 July 2017
I have read all four previous books and this one did not disappoint. Inspector Banks comes across as both human and professional, added to which I find him to be totally likable. A good well written plot meant I couldn't put this book down. I look forward to reading the full series.
on 2 May 2017
Brilliant book! I am really hooked on the Peter Robinson Inspector Banks stories and would recommend them to anyone who likes crime novels.
on 28 April 2017
Thoroughly enjoying reading the DCI Banks series of books. Excellent!
on 29 March 2017
Another great story.
on 8 March 2017
Gripping
on 26 April 2017
If you like D.I.Banks then you will like this story, it is fairly easy to follow and not over complicated.
on 5 November 2014
I love the Banks series. Came to them late so not reading them in order unfortunately.

This kept me guessing right to the end. Thoughly enjoyed it.
on 24 September 2013
I like Peter Robinson as an author - he deals with lots of different issues and includes lots of cultural cues within his work. Not one of his best to be honest in that the plot was pretty predictable in the end. There are certainly better Banks Mysteries!
on 29 August 2015
Great product Great service!!!