• Cowl

Cowl
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.99

on 19 April 2018
I think Neal Asher is getting better and better as he learns his craft. This is a really interesting book it’s a nice explanation or the Cambrian explosion and I really liked his choice of protagonists. He always seems to take dark characters and make them three dimensional with redeeming features. Like the assassin tac who starts out as such a one dimensional bad guy but changes throughout the story. I really liked it.
on 23 September 2017
This is not about spaceships and FTL. This explores the concept of time travel and is indeed very interesting. The line is urgent and gripping with shadings of danger and death. It gets a bit sentimental. It ends well. Do read it if you want a good story.
on 14 September 2017
If you're a fan of Neal Asher you will love this book. It's a bit different from his other books but it is very well written. I won't go into any details about the story as I don't want to spoil it. The characters in the story of very wide explored and very good. The subject matter is a little different from his other novels but nevertheless it is a very gripping and intriguing story you won't be disappointed.
on 31 August 2017
Once started hard to put down. I am quite a fan of Asher's other novels. This is a quite different book.
on 3 October 2015
I love Neal Asher's Polity universe and it took me a while to get used to this book. As with all time travel stories you need to keep your head screwed on kid!
on 17 October 2014
Not one of Neal's best and whilst I could just about grasp the time travel method, the beast was just plain silly. The characters are hard to like and I found I just wanted it read and put back on the virtual shelf to let me get back to Agent Cormac!
on 4 June 2013
Not quite classic Neal Asher but a good story well told. I liked his exploration of time travel and loved the descriptions of the encounters with different people and animals on the way. A good read and recommended.
on 28 September 2015