Customer reviews

on 30 January 2000
We are a newly married couple & my wife is now pregnant. Obviously we are both delighted at the fantastic news, but conscious that we are from understanding what the next 12 months will bring us.
There are plenty of books describing in vast detail the process of pregnancy, birth and bringing-up a newborn baby. However they are often 400 pages long, very serious, hard to follow and lacking in punch.
This book came as light-hearted relief and being written with the father in mind is especially relevant to me. It is now a well thumbed & well loved book on my bedroom side-table.
on 23 March 2009
This book was written by Peter Mayle before he became famous for his books on Provence. Although somewhat dated, many of the things he says are still very true and I have not come across a newer book which takes the place of this one. It is both amusingly written and well illustrated and should be read by any newly pregnant father who is wondering what he has let himself in for!