Immersion
Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 May 2016
What can I say about this album. It's an immense piece of work full of what I'd call stadium songs. Genesis sets the tone as an intro and leads us into what I consider the weakest song on the album Salt in the Wounds. This is certainly not a bad song, but in my opinion it's at least 2 minutes too long. Everything this song does it could have achieved in under 4 minutes. This is followed by the awesome Watercolour, filled with skin crawling melody. Starting slowly and building to a real chest beater. Set me on Fire is one of my favourite Pendulum songs. You just can't help but crank up both volume and bass on this and blow speakers where ever you can. You can certainly here the dubstep influence in this one. Other notable tunes on the album are the instantly recognisable and epic 'The island' both parts. On first listen, after the haunting lyrical melody of part one, to be to suddenly thrown into the random cacophony of part two had me thinking "what the hell?" The subsequent listens though completely hooked me and part two definitely serves as a deserved counterpoint to the first part. The Vulture for some reason reminds me of Prodigy and if I still did night clubs (I'm way too old for them now) could imagine this being played to a dance floor full of ecstasy filled kids.Witchcraft is another fav of mine, another tune you can't help but move to. Encoder is the final track on the album and feels like it. It's another tune that like The Tempest on 'In Silica' seems to be specifically written to end the album/gig or whatever. It's not quite in the same league as The Tempest but a great outtro nevertheless.
on 3 March 2013
A very brief review. For lovers of drum n bass, steer clear of this one, because it is an eclectic mix of many styles and is certainly not for the purists. A few reviewers have found fault with this aspect of the album, but I have to say that in isolation the mix works and you have a lot of very memorable moments on this record. I say in isolation, because I don't think Pendulum really hit those heights on any other album they have done. Also because purist fans of other genres used here by Pendulum may not like the overlaying of other influences.

One reviewer has stated that "musically it has been done before and much better by the Prodigy". It is right that Pendulum draw heavily on The Prodigy for inspiration here, as they always have. Is that any crime? Surely, much of the trick in music is to use your influences and create something new and, possibly, better. I think (controversially, I know) that Immersion contains more satisfyingly diverse music and better songs than the Prodigy have managed on any of theirs (and I count myself as a Prodigy fan). Immersion manages to be continuously interesting.

More importantly, the diversity on the album means that its shelf life is not retricted. I've been listening to this on and off since last summer and it keeps growing on me. For a great mix of groove, beat, soul and heart Immersion simply cannot be beaten.
on 20 August 2017
Heard this CD on my brothers car CD player. Absolutely out of this world. Tracks are amazing, an absolutely perfect electro rock enhancing experience. Would put this music alongside Pink Floyd's "Dark side of the moon. Perfection.
on 20 January 2014
This is one of the few albums of which I like every one of the songs. Tracks like Salt In The Wounds, Watercolour, Crush, Witchcraft and so on help continue the Pendulum drum and bass feel - whereas songs like Comprachios introduce a more rock-type vibe to the album, with Self vs Self being a straight out heavy metal song, which while it stands apart and seems out of place in the overall album, still sounds amazing. Overall, I heavily recommend this album.
on 7 December 2015
Amazing album, love it so much and pendulum are absolutely great. Sad they broke up, but their music lives strong. I bought this album when it came out, but when I moved I lost it, so I re-bought and it was the best decision ever! Fantastic to listen in the car or anywhere, great songs esecially watercolour and witchcraft. Highly recommend.
on 21 June 2010
I've been a fan of these guys since Hold You Colour come around and I can safely say If you like Pendulum as a whole you'll love Immersion. Full of the same style tunes witch we all love and enjoy.. there's even a heavy rock tune at the end of the album witch is pulled of very very well. 5 Stars from me and I have no doubt 5 Stars from you! Please Enjoy Responsibly !!!
on 14 May 2016
i was happy with my cd,great buy and money well spent
kind regards mr s.brown
on 12 December 2014
I bought this after reading the customer reviews, stating that Pendulum is rocking. It is dance/rave music
on 22 July 2017
Very good album
on 29 December 2016
Top album. Driving music on a long journey